Jerry Goldsmith's Rambo: First Blood Part II - new Intrada 2CD

publicist

No printing typos on my covers. But hey, I can't complain, even if it seems like a slight overreaction. I'm mostly interested in disc content anyway.

I remember that my Alien discs were mislabeled. Disc 1 was Disc 2. And the other way around. I kept it as it is, makes it more unique. ;)

Karol

3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

The pic on the website of the back cover actually has the composer listed as Jerry Goldsith. Thankfully they fixed that before it went to print.

Darth Jerrald?

• 4 weeks later...

We have re-visited CD 1 of our Rambo II release to include the take of "The Map" that ends with a 13-second coda. Since we needed to create a new master and re-press the first disc anyway, I decided to go ahead and "drop in" the two wild percussion hits that go with "The Cage", although I had just informed Roger yesterday that I hadn't planned on doing so. It is I who may have caused any confusion, not Roger. Fortunately he can't fire me... though he may not trust me again for awhile.

:wink:

Jerry recorded "The Cage" with brief rests built in for three bursts of percussion to emphasize when Rambo kills three of the compound guards. Interestingly, the first of these three percussion tracks was already mixed into the cue during the sessions. It has always been there. The second and third were recorded completely separate to facilitate dropping them in later and synchronizing with the action, depending on how the scene was ultimately edited during post-production. No prior release of the soundtrack has ever included these last two percussion hits, and Jerry himself left them out of his own album assembly back in 1985.

I stayed with what Jerry had done and asked Roger to let people know accordingly when informing them about my remastering the disc to include the coda with "The Map". But once I was revisiting the master anyway, and since the cue already plays on CD 2 as Jerry preferred it, I figured I would go that one extra mile and newly remix "The Cage" to include all three percussion hits exactly as they are heard in the finished film. So listeners get the cue both ways. (My apologies, Jerry. I just had to do it.)

We'll re-press CD 1 shortly and make them available at no charge to anyone who would like a copy. If you haven't yet purchased our Rambo II release, the timing will be perfect. We ran out of them and needed to re-press the set in any case. So all future sets should include the re-mastered CD 1. We'll post here when the re-pressing has occurred.

Thank you for your patience. There are some who will be happy about this news and some who will figure we're making a bit of a fuss over nothing. Jerry referred to me during a recording session once as wanting "every bloody note... including the orchestra tuning up". I'll pass on the tuning up experience, but otherwise I do want every note of this masterpiece and I want it all prim and proper. I think I finally have it as such... and you can too in what I'm guessing will be just about three weeks. :D
--Doug

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7202

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

i'll sell you my imperfect copy for $25.00!

It's a collector's item! 50 bucks!

• 2 months later...

My copy arrived from Intrada today, and the back cover still says that The Map runs 0:59.  Hopefully that just means they never updated the artwork, and not that I received the old version...

Does this mean I can now drop Intrada an e-mail and ask for them to send me a replacement copy of the first disc?

I was under the impression you don't have to email them, that they would send it out to everyone who bought the first version automatically

EDIT: 

Nevermind, I guess you do have to email them?

We'll re-press CD 1 shortly and make them available at no charge to anyone who would like a copy. If you haven't yet purchased our Rambo II release, the timing will be perfect. We ran out of them and needed to re-press the set in any case. So all future sets should include the re-mastered CD 1. We'll post here when the re-pressing has occurred.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7202

I never suggested at all that they would sent out copies to people who bought them from other distributors, that would of course be ridiculous and I am surprised you have such a low opinion of me that you would think i would be so stupid myself.

I merely assumed they would send out copies to those who purchased it directly from them, like they did with SpaceCamp and several other titles they had to repress.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

I am surprised you have such a low opinion of me that you would think i would be so stupid myself.

Wow! Who woke up the dramaqueen this morning? 

Relax petal, just making conversation. Not need to get all prissy and precious.

Just received an answering e-mail from Intrada confirming that they'll send me a fixed replacement copy of disc 1. :)

Great! :)

I am really enjoying this one. I know I made fun of the synth effects on this score in the past but now I find them palatable enough. The action music is brilliantly muscular and the Russian baddie's theme goes into a fun musical combat with the main thematic ideas for Rambo, plus it is clearly cut from the same cloth as his deliciously stereotypical music for the villains in Air Force One even if it is a bit less pronounced in nature.

13 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

hehe first the transparent teeth now transparent covers!

Genius! :P

Next you'll be telling me we can listen to music without physical medium altogether! Amazing!

Rambo is missing his teeth there. Of course you can't see it as it is an invisible booklet, which in a way is a blessing.

Just now, BloodBoal said:

At least the jewel case has no broken tooth...

We can count our blessings.

I thought it was the One Ring. Darn now I have to go on another hunt for legendary artifacts.