The Two Towers COMPLETE RECORDINGS 3CD set

Marian Schedenig

A nice article :P But it also made the wait a lot worse. I want the set already!

Oh no, he's doing it again! ;)

;)

Nice review, but are we ever going to get sound clips?

There were some brief teases on the last FSM Podcast, and I'm sure the next one (devoted to the TTT set) will have some more.

Come on Marc! This is nothing compared to last year ;) I have toned down from foam mouthed lunatic to a relatively impatient fan. What a change eh? :P

Yes, you've been doing quite well so far. But what if it's delayed? Maybe you've cropped up to much, and when it finally bursts, it all comes out in one violent fanboy tantrum! A scary thought.

- Marc, ;)

I think I will save the agonized screams and howls from the internet and roll and rant and shout on the floor in the privacy of my own home. ;)

Oh and I am little miffed about the release date thing. Irritating that they can't get it right on the internet stores' sites.

A nice article ;)

I found it rather poor, actually. Not very well structured, mostly a track-by-track (though occasionally out of order) semi-analysis. And yet, from that description, noone would expect The Three Hunters to contain some of the coolest counterpoint writing in the series.

Oh, and "Hagar" just had me thinking of vikings... :)

haegar.gif

Marian - who just ordered the set from axelmusic... quite cheap, and seems to ship on the US release date, just without customs interfering.

Ordered, along with the second 24 OST. That one comes out a week later, so I might have to wait a week longer for my TTT set to arrive.

If so, I'll barge in on your in-depth discussion and throw a heavy tantrum (well, someone has to if Mikko is restraining himself). ;)

Sorry for not posting a link... I have very good experience with axelmusic so far (they immediately replaced one of my Season 5 Friends DVDs when, many weeks after ordering Seasons 1-9 at the same time, I realized it had arrived with huge scratches). Slightly worried as they now charge in advance, but I expect everything will go smoothly. So far, their customer service has been excellent, and shipping is very fast.

Marian - planning on listening to FOTR over the weekend.

I got a very quick repy from AxelMusic, and I'm immediately switching my order to them:

Hi Richard,

This item is expected in stock within the next 36 hours (we have confirmation that it is underway from the studio) and usual delivery time to UK is about 4-6 weekdays once ship from our German warehouse.

;))

Rasmus,

AxelMusic.com

Shipping from Germany within less than two days, eh? With LOTS of luck, I might get it before the weekend then... though I very much doubt that. Sounds like I should have it early next week though. ;)

Really? They always seem to have at least one copy here whenever I walk into the meagre soundtrack section of stores here.

Of course the cardboard is showing at the edges, and it looks like it's been thrown out a second-story window, but they still have it...

TTT CR ordered! Now I am just waiting for them to dispatch it :) Nice that Axelmusic had it so early for us.

Ordered (with a little help from the superb customer service at Axel). Kudos to Marian and Jim for mentioning them. Good lord. Not long now... The shadwofax theme at long last. My precious. :)

Dear Marian,

Your order # XXXXXXX which includes the following item(s):

Soundtrack / Lord Of The Rings - The Two Towers (Complete Recordings) 3CD+DVD-Audio

1 pcs. EUR 61,73

EUR 61,73  

...will be shipped within the next 12 hours. Depending on stock status, it will be shipped from either Germany, Holland or Denmark.

:)

I'm not sure when I'll be ordering this, hell I have yet to buy FOTR: CR. I might buy both of them in January.

Edit: Most people here in the states get mail on Saturday (the post office and other mail services don't deliver on Sunday's).

I'm in the exact same situation as Marian & Incanus :)

And Monty, I'm in the same boat as you. It took over 12 hours for the voucher to appear, then I had to e-mail them because it was still asking for my card details (apparently some 0.001 round-off error). Very good and caring service though.

For the record, the UK gets post delivered every day except Sunday.

Dear Stefan,

Your order # ........ which includes the following item(s):

Soundtrack / Lord Of The Rings - The Two Towers (Complete Recordings) 3CD+DVD-Audio 1 pcs. DKK 459,91 DKK 459,91

...will be shipped within the next 12 hours. Depending on stock status, it will be shipped from either Germany, Holland or Denmark.

Your package will usually arrive within 5-14 days. Please note that holidays in any of the above countries can delay the package.

And Monty, I'm in the same boat as you. It took over 12 hours for the voucher to appear, then I had to e-mail them because it was still asking for my card details (apparently some 0.001 round-off error). Very good and caring service though.

Yes they had to sort the round off error for me too. They did so very quickly though and my credit was available to me within four hours of sending payment. Right now I am lagging behind you chaps however, as I’ve not yet had the “Dear rabid Howard Shore fan” shipment notice e-mail and my account status reads ‘usually ships next working day’ so given we’re well into the evening now I’d imagine mine will go out tomorrow.

I remain impressed with their dedication to customer service. We all know where to get ROTK from next year I take it.

We don't get mail on weekends in Finland. :) Damn you Finnish postal service! You are now the only thing standing between me and the TTT CR.

My order remains in ‘In stock – Usually ships within following weekday’ limbo. I’ve yet to receive the ‘ships within 12hrs’ e-mail yet. Perhaps Axel just have a set time every day when they ship orders out so hopefully I’ll get word of it shipping later today.

We don't get mail on weekends in Finland

Blimey. So Britain IS efficient at something then…

It's coming to about £42 inclusive of shipping for me.

This LITERALLY just appeared in my inbox:

"Dear rabid Howard Shore & Lord of the Rings fanatic,

Your order # ****** which includes the following item(s):

Soundtrack / Lord Of The Rings - The Two Towers (Complete Recordings) 3CD+DVD-Audio 1 pcs. GBP 0,00 GBP 0,00

Voucher value credited GBP 41,77

Your package will usually arrive within 5-14 days. Please note that holidays in any of the above countries can delay the package."

FOOOOOORRRRRRTH EORLINGAAAAAAAAASSSSSS.

I read that last line and laughed out loud - just as a friend was peering over my shoulder.

Commence a long explanation of what the 'TTT:CR' is and that there is in fact music throughout most films.

(I also had to explain the nature of unused music when he claimed that the films have some 'music-less' (his words) moments and yet the set is about the same length of the movie.)

So how much is everybody paying for this?

These are some of the prices here in the States:

Barnes & Noble has it for $64.58 ($58.12 if you are a member).

Amazon now lists it for $60.99 - with free shipping

Best Buy has it for $74.99

Circuit City has it for $75.98

Perhaps Axel just have a set time every day when they ship orders out so hopefully I’ll get word of it shipping later today.

My Cars DVD shipping notification arrived today at nearly the same time I got the TTT:CR mail yesterday, so you're probably right.