The Music Of The Lord Of The Rings Films - Doug Adams' Book & Rarities Archive

John Takis

• Three Books for the Elven-kings under the sky,
  • Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
  • Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
  • One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne.
  • One Book to rule them all. One Ring to find them,
  • One Book to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

4 hours ago, Fennel Ka said:

It sold well enough to have repressings and a second and third edition.

Quite. I keep forgetting how big was the initial printing. 5000, 10 000 copies?

Alas no revised edition which would get rid of the small number typos I have spotted!

8 hours ago, Fennel Ka said:

It sold well enough to have repressings and a second and third edition.

A second and third edition? I haven't heard of this.

Or do you mean a second and third print run?

This reminds me that a good while back a person on Doug's blog mentioned that his copy of the 3rd reprinting of the LotR book contained errors on the Rarities disc with tracks jumbled and odd silences mid-track. Hopefully this was an isolated case.

Graham Perks: Recently bought the book - The Rarities CD tracks are all jumbled! Track 2 is actually Emyn Muil (should be track 10), for example. All the tracks are there, but at least 2 have breaks mid-track (e.g. The Argonath is silent from 47s-1:10). Third printing. Is this a known issue?

True fans ("Ringers") managed to pick up the limited edition with the 5.1 audio. You haven't lived until you've heard "The Ent Theme (mock up)" with the full, immersive surround experience. Sublime.

1 hour ago, Incanus said:

This reminds me that a good while back a person on Doug's blog mentioned that his copy of the 3rd repring of the LotR book contained errors on the Rarities disc with tracks jumbled and odd silences mid-track. Hopefully this was an isolated case.

You were saying something about typos?

2 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

A second and third edition? I haven't heard of this.

Or do you mean a second and third print run?

No revision. The third run had the rarities CD in a separate and quite fancy cover similar to the Complete Recordings releases.

I think the first run had it in a cheapo sleeve.

This is what the third run version looks like. I think Jason also has this.

IMG_5976.JPG

Stop passing off Alice's nifty custom made CD case as the real thing Steffie!

12 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

You were saying something about typos?

I could have corrected you every time you used "then" instead of the proper "than" in comparisons in English but I didn't. Pity stayed my hand. Pity and respect. Is this how you repay my kindness Stefan?!!! Is it?!!!

Don't play coy with me Steef! You are misleading people, tempting OCD soundtrack collectors to the sin of envy with your wily ways, showing off something all others would desire for themselves. An exclusive deluxe version of the CD case! Only through Alice you gained access to this thing and only handful exist on this earth! Do not beguile JWFanners with shadows and fanciful dreams!

No it's the messageboard engine gone mad! It betrayed my intentions! Made me look more foolish than I intended!

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

The Nine Moderators have left General Discussion. They crossed the Other Topics on Midsummer's Eve, disguised as spambots in black. They will find the Messageboard engine, and kill the one who uses it.

The veiling software update that flowers in the Invision servers takes shape. Incanus will suffer no rival.