LOTR Trilogy live to projection in Paris - October 14-16 2016

toothless

2 hours ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

We know it's officially NOT the extended edition anyway. 

Yeah I was just highlighting the fact that the production has yet to apologize for the error and needs to advertise these concerts properly :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, "Gérard Drout Productions" seems to have removes all mention of "extended cut" on their website. Without telling anyone. For those like me who bought their tickets nearly a year ago, that's a big let down… I will attend anyway but it's not a good way of handling things for them.

Official response from Gérard Drouot Productions :

Bonjour,
Nous avions eu l’information d’une projection de l’œuvre dans son intégralité. Nous avons donc pensé qu’elle était en version longue. Nous avons eu confirmation par la suite que ce n’était pas le cas. Nous en sommes désolés. Nous espérons que la déception n’est pas trop grande, et que le plaisir et l’enthousiasme seront aux rendez-vous comme aux précédentes éditions de la Trilogie en ciné-concert où l’œuvre avait également été diffusée en version standard.

Can't translate it right now, but google translate should help you :)

Google says

Hello, We had information from a projection of the work in its entirety. So we thought it was in long version. We had confirmation later that this was not the case. We're sorry. We hope that the disappointment is not too large, and that pleasure and enthusiasm will be the appointment as the previous editions of the Trilogy concert film in which the work was also broadcast standard.

An other information, but this time given by GDP directly to me via PM on facebook :

Ludwig Vicky will not be able to be there for the three concerts… another disapointment. 
He will be replaced by Shih-Hung Young ! I hope it will be great anyway !

• 1 month later...

Second and third film were as great as the first one ! The highlights are for me : Helm's deep, Moria (Balrog), black gate.
It was as great with the Star Pop orchestra as with the 21st century symphony orchestra.

Howard shore made a second appearance at the end of the last concert. The crowd applauded during 10 minutes at least.  I could not take a picture even though I was 12meters from the scene and I was perfectly centered (cool !) because my phone was off but there are many on twitter :

The scene : 

Howard Shore : 

I'm not going to make a proper review because I don't have the musical knowledge but it was Really great ! 

Yes it was cool indeed !

In the program of the three concert there was an Ad concerning an upcoming Shore concert in France and here it is : 

http://www.moviesinconcert.nl/index.php?page=view&id=17196

Cool thing, Howard shore will be conducting and I really want to go. But prices are realy high…

Well, Kaitlyn Lusk sang all the end credit songs and it was really great. (I allready had the chance to listen to her for ROTK with the 21st century symphony orchestra).

Sometimes there was the choir and children for some parts. 

It was really cool :)

For informations about the performers :

Orchestra : Star Pop orchestra
Soloist : Kaitlin Lusk

Choirs : Grand Chœur Symphonique d'Ile de France (Grand Symphonic Choir of Ile de France) for all three films, Chœur D'Enfants d'Ile de France (Kid Choir of Ile de France) for film 1 and 3 and Choœur des Polysons (Choir of polysons) for film 2.

Conductor : Shih-Hung young

If you want a better idea, 3 playlists have popped up on youtube in which there are videos from all 3 films (the highlights) :

FOTR : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMofT7bM7HFO-hs9GktVC1ufakwLV89EB

TTT : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMofT7bM7HFNL2f19m2onXbu10bBDBPWr   (Forth Eorlingas is THE highlight of all three film for me. It was one of the moments I really led me speechless)

ROTK : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMofT7bM7HFORmSb5rgf6Em0v4FrZCIT3

And a video of howard shore : 

• 3 weeks later...

14 minutes ago, SafeUnderHill said:

In the FOTR Complete Recordings, is the oboe playing the Lothlorien phrase at the very of the score? On the sheet music from those photos, it is written that Oboe 1 is playing the Lothlorien theme and then the Ring theme.

The part shows the choral line for context.  Oboe starts playing at bar nine.