Warsaw Symphony Orchestra's version of Shore's LOTR music on Spotify

KK

I'm trying to figure out the Spotify embedding thing! Calm down folks!

So I stumbled on this in Spotify about a month ago, but had no clue how to share it here, and I kind of just forgot about it. But with BB's help, I would like to present to you, the worst transcription and performance of Shore's Lord of the Rings I have ever heard...

Seriously, you could excuse the poor performance, if the transcription wasn't so mediocre. It oversimplifies a lot of the parts. I'm guessing this was transcribed by ear, and if so, not terribly well. And the horrible instrumentation they employed really doesn't help. Some of it does have some interesting parts though.

The Bridge of Khazad-dum just sounds hilarious!

You can't be on mobile to do it; You must be on Desktop.

You have to click "more Reply Options", and then "Enable HTML". Then, go to Spotify, copy the embed code, return to JWFan, and paste it into your post. Easy peasy.

Yup just did it! At first, I forgot to do the "Enable HTML" part, and then turns out putting it in "code" doesn't work.

Anyways, it's an interesting listen to say the least, if you want to see a radically different interpretation.

Dude, it's so bad you've GOT to listen to it!!

What did you think I was going to share? Shore's complete collection of LotR alternates and recordings or something?

If you can ignore the lack of tuning in most of the sections, it's actually kind of interesting to hear some of the interpretations of the parts.

00:54 in Forth Eorlingas: HAHAHAHAHA!

Check out The White Tree at the 1 min mark. Or The End of All Things ;)

Did they make up their own lyrics for the choral stuff?

No clue. The Khazad-dum phrasing is off though, but I'm not sure if that's because they changed the words.

I hope you're kidding...

The flute stuff that follows is rather nice though.

1:20+ Riders of Rohirrim

ROTFLMAO

00:54 in Forth Eorlingas: HAHAHAHAHA!

Check out The White Tree at the 1 min mark.

LOTR music has never sounded as unpleasant as that!

I hope you're kidding...

Regarding what? The soloist or The Ride Of The Rohirrim?

Anyway, I'm serious regarding both!

The soloist is superb in Forth Eorlingas.

And I do find the orchestration at the beginning of The Ride Of The Rohirrim interesting. Deal with it!

But the orchestration isn't all that different! They used less cellos, and the cellos were paper-thin, that's why it sounds so different! And the soloist was clearly struggling to play the solo, that's why you only hear parts of the line!

The soloist in Forth Eorlingas is alright, she sounds much better in Minas Tirith.

And you don't hear the off-meter tempos and the fumbling strings in The White Tree?

I wonder if this is the unauthorized transcription and performance of Shore's music Doug Adams was talking about a few years back. Which explains a lot of this lousy thing. I can't believe they actually recorded some of this stuff!

Considering that this is an unofficial transcription of Shore's work is there any wonder it sounds like it sounds, which is very awkward. Dare I say it is so bad it is awesome.

Not around that mark, just start listening from there BB! What follows is most amusing!

And yes Incanus, it is most....awesome.

But the orchestration isn't all that different! They used less cellos, and the cellos were paper-thin, that's why it sounds so different! And the soloist was clearly struggling to play the solo, that's why you only hear parts of the line!

Whatever, dude! You can't tell me what I should or shouldn't like! If I want to like a faulty performance, I'll like a faulty performance and there's nohing you can do about it!

Idiot!

Have you heard the transcription TGP? It's pretty amusing!

Btw this LOTR version is great, they've got some kickass groove going behind the Gondor theme!