STRANGER THINGS

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

Steef tried that, with typically hilarious results. You though, well you have built up a healthy postcount out of telling us all precisely everything you haven't watched - and you sure as well never will either! 

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Jay said:

It would probably be more interesting than the first season at least... In retrospect, the show's attempt to riff Spielberg films "except this time it's cooler and darker" is pretty cringe-worthy. 

I'd like to see Spielberg showrun a production for TV actually, you know, do a David Lynch type deal whereby he directs the whole thing. Because The Beard's exec credits in the medium are mostly shit! 

• 2 weeks later...

I think they'll use the "Stranger Things" title but make seasons 3 and 4 about completely different, unrelated characters

Watched the first season last week.

Not bad, but I feel like I wasn't as impressed as apparently I should be.

For something supposedly Spielbergian and featuring kids, I wouldn't have minded a bit more humour.

And of course the music was a far cry from Spielberg's regular fare as well.

I feel that more and more people will wake up and realize they've been caught in a hype but that the series isn't really that interesting. S2 will not get more than a 57% on RT. OTOH, Trump did become president so anything is possible.

Alex

With his newfound form, I'd LOVE to see a Shyamalan-directed episode of STRANGER THINGS. THE VISIT was spectacular, and SPLIT was even better! That being said, I'm not sure how much of his own voice is able to seep through an episode like this. Guest directors usually have to adher to a particular aesthetic established by someone else.

Netflix used to Superbowl to announced Season 2 isn't dropping until October... at least the ad is pretty cool