The Official What Was The Best Superhero Film Of The Summer Season Of 2016 Online Survey JWFAN Poll

What was the best Superhero film of the summer season of 2016?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What was the best Superhero film of the summer season of 2016?

• Deadpool
    • Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice
    • Capatin America: Civil War
    • X-Men: Apocalypse
    • Suicide Squad

With the summer box office season drawing to a close, what was the best Superhero film so fat this year. And will the upcoming Doctor Strange be better then any of them?

My vote goes to Deadpool. Which was refreshing in a way not only thanks to it's humour, but the fact that the story wasnt about apocalyptic end of the world type stuff. Basically it's one guy pissing another guy off because he was being a dick about his first name.

Yeah, I'd agree with that (although wasn't Deadpool released around February time?)

Admittedly I have let both my dislike of Man Of Steel and the negative critical response to Dawn Of Justice put me off seeing it (ditto Suicide Squad). Civil War and Apocalypse were fun enough, but Deadpool trumps them both - the refeshingly toned-down stakes (although the action doesn't suffer as a result), the snarky irreverent humour, and the uber-hot Morena Baccarin with her kit off all add up to a very entertaining movie. 

Deadpool opened in February. Batman opened in March.  Only the other 3 films you listed are actually summer movies. 

57 minutes ago, Jay said:

Only three of your poll options are summer movies. I'd rename your thread. 

No. You would not. 

On 8/31/2016 at 0:58 PM, Jay said:

Who goes back and edits old thread titles?  What a waste of time

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Deadpool opened in February. Batman opened in March.  Only the other 3 films you listed are actually summer movies. 

Thats the start of the summer blockbuster season, sunshine!

Deadpool is probably the most striking film on the list but I don't have any desire to watch it again. The problem with this character is that once you get past his gimmicky premise, then there isn't anything else out there. It was fun but I almost completely forgot about by now.

Karol

I've defended them against people who claim they are utter shit, which they really arent. But they don't rise above the level of the average entertaining but forgettable popcorn flick, like any of Marvel's.

Let's face it. We arent talking about high-brow cinema with any of them.

Deadpool started out very fun.

Then it turned bleak and dark for the middle and they sort-of lost me there.

Ending got better again though.

All in all, a bit uneven but I'm not sorry I saw it.

Still.... I liked Captain America better.

13 hours ago, crocodile said:

And yes, Nolan's trilogy is overrated.

Is everything all right, Brother Karol?  I am concerned for your well being.  Perhaps such thoughts are better kept unspoken.