Jeff Eldridge's John Williams Site

Thor

Jeff Eldridge just posted something about THE TAMMY GRIMES SHOW on FSM:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=116710&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=1&r=751#bottom

The thread also has a link to his site -- now seemingly in the process of being revamped!

http://www.johnwilliams.org/

Is it happening at last? If so, that's brilliant news. Jeff is the only other person I know who can compete with Miguel, myself and a handful of others when it comes to knowledge about extemely obscure Williams from ages long past -- and he has more access to this material than any of us. Bring it on!

[Edit: Some new items on his compositions list that I haven't heard about before:

Breaking Point (1964)

And Baby Makes Three (1965)

Inside the Movie Kingdom (1964)

I think I have heard -- vaguely -- about the first two, but that's it.]

There are still some omissions in his listings, though. I've made a comment in the FSM thread; don't know if he'll like it. :) 

Hey this site is cool!

I am enjoying reading about The Eleventh Hour right now.

It will be great if he eventually writes an article for all of Williams' TV work!

53 minutes ago, Jay said:

Hey this site is cool!

I am enjoying reading about The Eleventh Hour right now.

It will be great if he eventually writes an article for all of Williams' TV work!

It will completely destroy my own plans of creating a site exclusively about his TV work, but that's OK. His will be better.

I was just thinking a few months back that it's unusual for a site to be online after such a long period of inactivity. I guess he kept renewing his hosting plan and domain ownership with the eye to getting back into it. Good news!

Great to see Jeff's site make a comeback. It was one of the top JW sites back when I was first getting to know the composer. :)

This are great news. Jeff's site has always been the "to go" place when trying to double check information on Williams. While over the past decade or so, since the site went kind of dead, I gathered a lot of information not found their -- just like Thor did -- it's great to find some of it confirmed now.

40 minutes ago, Miguel Andrade said:

This are great news. Jeff's site has always been the "to go" place when trying to double check information on Williams. While over the past decade or so, since the site went kind of dead, I gathered a lot of information not found their -- just like Thor did -- it's great to find some of it confirmed now.

Yeah, that site -- as well as the old Asif(?) one -- laid the groundwork for much of my Williams knowledge back in the 90s, at least that which went beyond the obvious stuff. That and the FSM Buyer's Guide, in which Jeff was also involved, of course.

18 hours ago, zoltan_902 said:

The site just looks likes a sorry imitation of JWFan. Clearly his managers (or whoever has control of the site) see no reason to put any effort into it.

There are some similarities in the layout, but design has always been a secondary element of Jeff's site -its primary focus being to provide as much relevant content as possible. He did put a lot of effort into the site for over a decade (mid-'90s to mid-'00s) and will surely add valuable material which was never before available, so I'm sure it'll be greatly appreciated by everyone when it's fully operational :)

• 1 month later...

I like the way he will separate the discography section of his website :

- Film and Television discography

- Concert works discography

- Conductor discography

- Pianist discography

- Arranger discography

Not far from what I did, but in my case I decided that two categories where sufficient: the main disco (the one as a performer) and the complementary disco as a composer. It was for me the best way to avoid, to the most, duplicates.

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Points to you though for adding the recent renaming of "Hymn to New England" as an alternate title in the discography.

Of Grace and Majesty, that's almost my nickname.

I will add the "little" name of the NBC Football theme soon too... Just saw this few minutes ago!

Wide Receiver (Theme from NBC Football)