Conrad Pope Interview about Harry Potter scores

Bespin

Also there's the photo at the top of this thread that shows JKMS proofing a Williams Book Thief sketch. So at the very least apparently that sketch went directly to JKMS in condensed form, and they had to "expand" it:

3 minutes ago, karelm said:

There is no mystery here.  JW is an a list composer and uses A list team.  They are not amateurs at what the do.  They know how to take JW's sketches and translate it to a full score and exactly what he wants.  He is very clear in his intentions.

Well, yes, I suppose it doesn't really matter whether it's Williams "expanding" the sketches, or JKMS, or an orchestrator...

They're all good at it, plus it's basically a copyist job as Pope has said.

3 hours ago, karelm said:

By the way, I think "6 horns, 2 tubas play with horns" means tubas are "col horns" so this is probably a low ominous passage where the 2 tubas are playing along "with horns" in unison.  I don't think JW has ever used a wagner tuba nor cimbasso. 

I haven't encountered any other examples but Williams has the 6 horns double on Wagner tubas for this short passage in ESB.

11 hours ago, Sharkus Malarkus said:

I haven't encountered any other examples but Williams has the 6 horns double on Wagner tubas for this short passage in ESB.

Good call.