Michael Giacchino's Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) - 2022 Expanded Edition now available

mrbellamy

Hard to believe this OST comes out on CD only 2 1/2 weeks from now!  I imagine we have to be getting a track list soon?

I wonder if there will be any samples released early?  IIRC we didn't heard a drop of TFA until it showed up on Spotify?

I wonder if there will be a digital release before the CD release date?  Doctor Strange was available digitally 2 weeks before the CD, but TFA wasn't available digitally until the same day as the CD... so who knows?

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Hard to believe this OST comes out on CD only 2 1/2 weeks from now!  I imagine we have to be getting a track list soon?

I wonder if there will be any samples released early?  IIRC we didn't heard a drop of TFA until it showed up on Spotify?

I wonder if there will be a digital release before the CD release date?  Doctor Strange was available digitally 2 weeks before the CD, but TFA wasn't available digitally until the same day as the CD... so who knows?

It's unclear to me the difference, organizationally, between Walt Disney Records (who I presume are releasing Rogue One OST) and Hollywood Records (who release Marvel OSTs).  But the different record labels could be a factor.

From what I can tell, Hollywood Records and Walt Disney Records are the only two labels under the umbrella of the Disney Music Group.  It's unclear if they're actually separately managed entities, with different "decision-makers" and all that, or if the distinction is in name only.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Music_Group#Divisions_and_labels

5 hours ago, Jay said:

TFA had no "samples" per se released early, but we'd heard part of Jedi Steps in a TV spot, part of Follow Me in a film clip, and the whole OST was accidentally made available on Amazon on the Wednesday before the official Friday release. 

"Original Star Wars music by John Williams".

If that cover is legit, it suggests quite a bit of use of his themes for sure, at least on the OST. Courage didn't rate a mention on the front covers of any of his Star Treks.

1 minute ago, Gistech said:

If that cover is legit, it suggests quite a bit of use of his themes for sure, at least on the OST. Courage didn't rate a mention on the front covers of any of his Star Treks.

No wonder the Maestro is mentioned. John Williams is John Williams after all.

9 minutes ago, MattyO said:

The Rogue One cover art - I thought I posted it, can you not see it?

IMG_4370.JPG

What is the source for this if you don't mind me asking?

Just now, Luke Skywalker said:

Sounds about right (like JPIII)

But it seems fammade... no "Orignal motion cpiture soundtrack" anywhere .And they cut Jyn's head...

Vader's too!

It's from an Australian media store, JB hifi - I can't verify its legitimacy, but they are usually on the ball. They often post DVD covers long before anywhere else.

5 minutes ago, MattyO said:

It's from an Australian media store, JB hifi - I can't verify its legitimacy, but they are usually on the ball. They often post DVD covers long before anywhere else.

So it comes from HERE.

Thanks! :)

Cool cover!

At first I thought the Williams credit must signal tons of old themes, but now that I think about it, it's probably just because his name sells CDs. 

I think it's the real cover.

Remember, many thought the TFA tracklist was fan made too.

4 hours ago, Gistech said:

JW name on the cover?

Well it wont work on me.

I'm just hoping that his full end credits suite makes it onto the album, because both the previous Star Trek OSTs have disappointed me there, and it's not like you can get them from the films either.

The credit Original Star Wars Music By John Williams interests me. Why not Original Star Wars Themes By John Williams?

Is it possible that Gia has repurposed parts of the Star Wars score rather than just using the themes?

It's also possible that this Australian store put up a fake, fan-made cover and this isn't the real deal at all.

I don't see this cover up on Amazon, for example.

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

We'll probably get the music leading-up to the end credits with narration by Felicity Jones: "These men and their leader gave their life for a fair and righteous cause. Their story will be passed down from generation to generation. With their sacrifice, they gave the Rebellion... a new hope..." followed by the first 30 seconds of the end credits music, and that will be the end of the album. The only way to get the concert version of Jyn's theme that follows will be via Blu-Ray rip.

Her and Riz Ahmed will live. Everyone else will snuff it in heroic fashion.

8 hours ago, Gistech said:

Remember that Giacchino has said 95 percent of the score is original. I don't necessarily think this credit's indicative of major Williams usage (although it might be). 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

It's also possible that this Australian store put up a fake, fan-made cover and this isn't the real deal at all.

I don't see this cover up on Amazon, for example.

That's no reason to suspect it's fake (although of course it could be). The TFA track list wasn't on U.S. Amazon until release date, but that didn't mean the one on French and Italian Amazon was fake. It's seems bizarre that one company in some random country would have info like this and randomly post it while no one else does, but it's not unprecedented. 

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

It's the same credit that's in the trailer though.

If I had to guess I would guess that it's real, but not for that reason.

Any fan could watch the trailer and do that.

8 minutes ago, Will said:

Woah! I'll have to listen to this when I get home! 

It's just the dude who did the Entertainment Weekly profile summarizing what we already know from his article.  Don't bother.

32 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

It's just the dude who did the Entertainment Weekly profile summarizing what we already know from his article.  Don't bother.

Nothing new? :(