The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration Part III CD & DVD (And Ultimate Collection CD / VINYL box set)

The Psycho Pianist

11 minutes ago, crumbs said:

They still had 10 minutes spare. They could have added 2 of those without removing anything. But if you added WOTW as well... hmm.

I'd lose Marion without a doubt, unfortunately it really doesn't take the theme anywhere beyond some of the original Raiders statements to make it feel like a look back after a long time has passed.

41 minutes ago, Amer said:

All I know it was recorded. Probably a revision or a new piece. 

Hi Amer, I hadn't ever heard about additional pieces being recorded that weren't included, where did you hear about this?

Here's the proof that CE3K was recorded during these recording sessions:

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27686-close-encounters-of-the-third-kind-new-2cd-complete-la-la-land-edition-available-to-order-november-28th-1200pst/&do=findComment&comment=1417493

AFAWK it's the existing old suite, not some fancy new arrangement.

And AFAWK, that is the only thing they recorded that they didn't put on volume 3 - and it was likely recorded as a warmup, not for potential inclusion

And here's a MUCH more thorough list of concert arrangements from Spielberg/Williams collaborations that are not on volume 1, 2, or 3:

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/32683-will-we-see-another-spielbergwilliams-collaboration/&do=findComment&comment=1738530

Matessino also mentioned in The video podcast that WOTW may have been recorded. 

Concert Version of Escape from the City from WOTW 

For Volume #4, Another piece that I would love to hear in full recording is the Young Indys First Adventure concert arrangement from THE LAST CRUSADE. 

Weird... Wonder why it hasn't appeared in concerts? Vienna would've been an opportune time to debut it. 

Even stranger if it was just a new recording of an existing piece from volume 1.

3 hours ago, Amer said:

Matessino also mentioned in The video podcast that WOTW may have been recorded. 

Key word: "may". There's no evidence. 

For Volume #4, Another piece that I would love to hear in full recording is the Young Indys First Adventure concert arrangement from THE LAST CRUSADE. 

I've been to one, or maybe two concerts where he conducted this - it isn't concertized. It's the same as the film cue. 

I'd still love to hear a new recording on a volume 4 regardless, though! 

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Weird... Wonder why it hasn't appeared in concerts? Vienna would've been an opportune time to debut it. 

Nobody said it was something new. And the regular CE3K suite has appeared in Williams' most recent concerts.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Key word: "may". There's no evidence. 

I've been to one, or maybe two concerts where he conducted this - it isn't concertized. It's the same as the film cue. 

I'd still love to hear a new recording on a volume 4 regardless, though! 

Well it ends as a short slambang coda which sort of make it like Concert piece but everything else in it as its film counterpart because its supposed to sync to the film for that performance. Its a favorite of mine. 

5 hours ago, Holko said:

I'd lose Marion without a doubt, unfortunately it really doesn't take the theme anywhere beyond some of the original Raiders statements to make it feel like a look back after a long time has passed.

Plus, it's very similar to " Leia'sTheme" and much superior "The Love theme from ESB"

• 7 months later...

It is a wonderful near-concerto for alto sax.  I remember being very pleased that Williams gave us an "authoritative" recording of the whole piece with the third album.  

Kind of like your phone story, I have noticed that "Christmas Star," more than the other HA pieces, gets a lot of playtime at stores in December.