The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration Part III CD & DVD (And Ultimate Collection CD / VINYL box set)

The Psycho Pianist

17 minutes ago, Richard said:

Is that possible? Assuming that they are on the Tantive IV, how much is the ship involved in the events of R1?

I talk bout the real Star Wars movies (the ones with a Story and not only a Marketing plan).

But R2-D2 will indeed be in Rogue One. I saw him in a Duracell/Rogue 1 advert yesterday on TV.

3 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Duracell/R1 pub? What?

Well is it Energizer?  I'm confused.  But I saw a new TV advert For Rogue One yesterday for Batteries, and the star is R2-D2.

Nah. The ad. is Grandma's house, and R2 is the candy.

Disney plans to corrupt all 8-year old boys with this marketing ploy.

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Threepio's arm was gold again at the end of Force Awakens.

Ckpgs-AXIAAgr7l.jpg

I type it here, it comes out there. Shows how much bloody notice I took of the film ;)

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Come on Bloodboal, you're smarter than this!

Bespin is French, he was shortening the French word "publicité"

Publicité... publicity... sorry... it's a "faux amis" as we say in french (false friends)...

Indeed, I have to use the word "advert". :pat:

8 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

And secondly: how does that confirm R2 is in Rogue One?

Sorry to have spoiled the final scene of Rogue One.

I also think that 2017 will marks its release. It should be big year for Williams releases. Also besides STAR WARS we should be getting JFK & TOWERING INFERNO from LLL (Fingers crossed knowing the last minute approval delays) and also  may I remind you its 40th Anniversary for both STAR WARS and CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND. Some label may even surprise us with a new definitive CLOSE ENCOUNTERS set and not to mention if Disney or Intrada can get to redo the originaly trilogy scores as the timing is so apt. So who knows? 

I'm not confused. I was just caught a little off guard since you point something like that out. As far as an avatar goes, I don't really care about such things (plus I'm not very tech savvy).

Anyway, I too think that next year will be a great year when it comes to Maestro John Williams and his music.

Though, I'm still waiting for an announcement for any expanded release of one of his scores sometime from now until the end of this year.

Well, the board is more pleasant to read when everyone has an avatar. Plus, it provides quicker recognition as to whose post you're reading when you open a thread. 

14 hours ago, Jay said:

Well, the board is more pleasant to read when everyone has an avatar. Plus, it provides quicker recognition as to whose post you're reading when you open a thread. 

Okay. I figured out how to do it. Anyway, is there any idea as to when this upcoming collaboration CD will be released? My guess is sometime next year.

There's no real indication that there even is a release like what we're all hoping for here (an album in the style of The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration and Williams on Williams). We know there was a recording session for Saving Private Ryan music and Escapades. We also know that Spielberg was in attendance for at least one of those sessions.

But those are the only actual facts we know, right? Beyond that we're assuming and hoping. Do I have that wrong?

13 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

Okay. I figured out how to do it. 

Nice job! 

13 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

Anyway, is there any idea as to when this upcoming collaboration CD will be released? I guess is sometime next year.

On 11/10/2016 at 9:13 AM, Jay said:

I'd imagine they won't officially announce it until the product is mixed and mastered, and has an imminent release date.  It might come out in 2017; It might come out in 2018.  Who knows!

Oh, I don't think it will be out in 2018. That is way too long a time span for something like this to be released. My best guess is sometime next year.

So the last collaboration album for Sony finished up with Jurassic Park and Schindler's List, didn't it? So this CD should cover these films (with my guesses of what music):

The BFG (The recent concert suite of Sophie and the BFG?)
Lincoln (a suite?)
War Horse (the Dartmoor 1912 suite?) 
The Adventures of Tintin (a suite?)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Ivanka's Theme concert version?)
Munich (A Prayer for Peace?)
War of the Worlds (The end credits suite?)
The Terminal (Tale of Viktor Navorski?)
Catch Me If You Can (One of the saxophone concert pieces he wrote?)
Minority Report (The end credits suite?)
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Has he ever performed a concert arrangement for this score?)
Saving Private Ryan (Hymn to the Fallen?)
Amistad (Dry Your Tears, Afrika?)
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (Lost World concert version?)

10 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Ivanka's Theme concert version?)

It's Irina's Theme. But I wouldn't mind if there was Ivanka's theme as well if they are both included on this disc. ;)

5 minutes ago, crumbs said:

So the last collaboration album for Sony finished up with Jurassic Park and Schindler's List, didn't it? 

See  here :

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19035-the-spielbergwilliams-collaboration-part-3/

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

Great find, some cool suggestions in there. Will be great to hear the concert suite of the Lost World if it makes it on there, one of my favourite unreleased suites.

I really really hope there's a version of "The Hunt" from Lost World. Seems doubtful if this project is going to be of manageable length (just the main Lost World theme seems more likely) but it's such an underrated track.

6 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I really really hope there's a version of "The Hunt" from Lost World. Seems doubtful if this project is going to be of manageable length (just the main Lost World theme seems more likely) but it's such an underrated track.

Well they have 14 films to cover. They could easily fit more than one track per film for an 80 minute soundtrack, but they'll likely give 3 or 4 of their favourite scores extended suites instead (Dartmoor 2012 seems an obvious inclusion).

But yeah, The Hunt has to go down as one of the most exhaustive unused cues he's ever written. Such a memorable theme only used in that one track. I can't imagine how long that cue took to write considering all the brilliant percussion.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

So the last collaboration album for Sony finished up with Jurassic Park and Schindler's List, didn't it? So this CD should cover these films (with my guesses of what music):

The BFG (The recent concert suite of Sophie and the BFG?)
Lincoln (a suite?)
War Horse (the Dartmoor 1912 suite?) 
The Adventures of Tintin (a suite?)
Munich (A Prayer for Peace?)
War of the Worlds (The end credits suite?)
The Terminal (Tale of Viktor Navorski?)
Catch Me If You Can (One of the saxophone concert pieces he wrote?)
Minority Report (The end credits suite?)
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Has he ever performed a concert arrangement for this score?)
Saving Private Ryan (Hymn to the Fallen?)
Amistad (Dry Your Tears, Afrika?)
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (Lost World concert version?)

It will have Dry Your Tears, Hymn to the Fallen, and the complete Escapades CMIYC suite. Beyond that, who knows. 

11 hours ago, Incanus said:

It's Irina's Theme. But I wouldn't mind if there was Ivanka's theme as well if they are both included on this disc. ;)

Trump is everywhere! JWFanners are now mixing up his daughters with Indiana Jones characters!

3 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Hopefully Spielberg names the villains in Indy 5 after the rest of Trump's children.

He probably could, except it will be a Disney focus group making the names this time around! ;)