Star Wars concert by Lyon National Orchestra

toothless

Hey, :) I didn't want to create a specific thread for this so here it is:

Went to a concert this week end where the Lyon national orchestra (103 musicians) and a 150 people choir performed music from Star Wars 1 to 7. This concert was realy great ; hearing the "main theme", "duel of the fate" (Wow !) or "Across the stars" for the first time Live was something I will remember :)

I found a video of "Battle of the heroes" on youtube :

The program is here http://www.auditorium-lyon.com/content/download/19139/198573/file/prog_StarWars_29300916.pdf

The orchestra also performed Jedi Steps And Finale (It was a surprise). It was the film version but with a different ending without the little note that play the star wars theme. I have to say I was a little disappointed by the performance of this piece. Some part were too slow (march of the resistance) for me. Sometimes, instruments would be of tempo (at least it seemed that way to me, but I'm no expert). What is realy weird is that the whole concert (all the others pieces) were perfect to me !

Also there were two pieces by Joel McNeely from Shadows of the empire performed Live. I had never listened to those music but It was realy great with all the choir and percussions. That being said, I'm not sure I would listen to it on a daily basis with my headphones. :P

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...