Michael Giacchino's JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM (2018)

Max

I expect there to be a new militaristic theme, a theme for the indoraptor, a love theme between Owen and Claire.

I really hope this isn't another phoned-in, lazy effort from Gia. Especially considering his reverence for Williams, which makes his effort on JW all the more disappointing.

First reactions are coming in from the film's premiere. This is the only mention of music I could find:

English translation: OK, saw Jurassic World: Fallen kingdom.
AWESOME. Very different from the first, an incredible film, the music has left me blown away. Very, very, but that very recommended. I watched the whole movie with my eyes wide open. Go see it for real.

Inwouldntranslate it like this:

Ok, just watched Jurassic world fallen kingdom. IMPRESSIVE-AWESOME. very different from the first one, incredible photography, the music has blown me away. I recommend it very very very much. I have been the whole movie with my eyes wide open. Go see it. Seriously.

I would be more hyped, but I don't want to see much info so I don't get spoiled. The trailers already tell tool much

1 hour ago, John said:

Is it just me, or does there seem to be almost zero hype for this movie?

Agreed

This is the only movie I'm excited for this year. 

If Solo turns out fun, that's a nice bonus, but I'm really just there for the score.

Otherwise, I can't remember the last time I've been to the theatre.

7 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

Fucking speak for yourselves you cynical assbag blowhards, I can't sleep waiting for this thing.

I can like a fun monster movie as much as the next person.  Jurassic World was not fun.  And Jurassic Park was so much more than that.

12 minutes ago, Margo Channing said:

I liked both movies. They're just dino action flicks.

I mean, there are good and bad versions of that, though.  I'm not saying JW needed to be some cinematic masterpiece.  But I'm not going to go down this rabbit hole again, I'll just quote myself

On 11/29/2016 at 1:34 PM, Disco Stu said:

I thought Jurassic World was cheap and cynical and seemed to actively hate its own characters, while portraying dinosaurs as essentially monsters paying only lip service to the awe shown for the animals in Spielberg's version.  Basically it's everything the first movie was not (in a bad way).

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

Is a sequel to that Godzilla film still happening?

Still on schedule for release next year.

I actually kind of enjoyed the Skull Island movie.  It wasn't amazing or anything.  Both that and Godzilla are miles more entertaining than Jurassic World was.  The MonsterVerse sort of quietly is becoming the only semi-effective copying of the MCU (sort of).  Godzilla vs. Kong is supposed to start filming this year to come out in 2020.

21 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

Fucking speak for yourselves you cynical assbag blowhards, I can't sleep waiting for this thing.

I am trying to imagine an actual human being typing these words that you just posted.

I'm really excited for the next Godzilla though, as I loved Doughterty's Trick R Treat and Krampus. I assume it won't be Douglas Pipes scoring it, but what the hey, I bet it'll be much more fun than Gareth Edwards' thing.

The Meg looks fun too.

It was how I first heard of that Desplat fellow, and I thought the score was by far the best thing about the G. Edwards film. So I really hope he comes back too, but I'm preparing myself to read "Lorne Balfe announced for Godzilla 2", just in case it comes to that.

I haven't heard a note yet but my ears are already bleeding.

On 5/23/2018 at 6:31 AM, kaseykockroach said:

It was how I first heard of that Desplat fellow, and I thought the score was by far the best thing about the G. Edwards film. So I really hope he comes back too, but I'm preparing myself to read "Lorne Balfe announced for Godzilla 2", just in case it comes to that.

Don't jinx it.

On 22/05/2018 at 9:31 PM, kaseykockroach said:

...who is replaced by Michael Cappuccino, ten days before release.

Cover art and track listing

DejNyi1XkAAzH0p.jpg:large

1. This Title Makes Me Jurassic
2. The Theropod Preservation Society
3. Maisie and the Island
4. March of the Wheatley Cavalcade
5. Nostalgia-Saurus
6. Lava Land
7. Keep Calm and Baryonyx
8. Go With the Pyroclastic Flow
9. Raiders of the Lost Isla Nublar
10. Volcano to Death
11. Operation Blue Blood
12. Jurassic Pillow Talk
13. How to Pick a Lockwood
14. Wilting Iris
15. Shock and Auction
16. Thus Begins the Indo-Rapture
17. You Can Be So Hard-Headed
18. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Free
19. There's Something About Maisie
20. World's Worst Bedtime Storyteller
21. Declaration of Indo-Pendence
22. To Free Or Not to Free
23. The Neo-Jurassic Age
24. At Jurassic World's End Credits Suite

source

4 hours ago, Margo Channing said:

Change of pace. All the previous covers looked the same.

I prefer the old ones. This looks like they just cropped a poster.