Michael Giacchino's JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM (2018)

Max

No, just fatigued from everyone here hating Jurassic World and, to a lesser degree, Giacchino. I don't mind the Giacchino jokes (I make such wisecracks myself from time to time), it's just too heavy a dosage of cynicism wears on ya after awhile. 

...Though now that you mention it, I should probably stay away for spoilers sake too.

EDIT: Yeah, what Disco Stu said. Beat me to it!

Disco Stu's guess was accurate. I was only clicking on this thread beforehand as I figured eventually someone would post the tracklist and such, and would have to scroll past the routine barrage of WAAHHH THIS MOVIE'S GONNA SUCK BOO-HOO OH BOO-HOO to get to posts that were of actual interest. 

It is an honor and a privilege, mister Giacchino sir! Happy to be taken aboard! Now then, there's no time to waste! We must fix Fallen Kingdom's tracklist. If I may, sir, suggest the following cue titles...I must also advise it would be within your best interests to compose a theme for Claire Dearing. 

If the music in Fallen Kingdom is as good as in Jurassic World it will be awful.  

The trailer music is dismal to say the least.

Yeah, the trailer music has been quite terrible, but no more terrible than most other trailer scores. Getting sick of playing the main themes to Star Wars, Jurassic Park and Harry Potter as a slow melancholic piano line with bass thuds in the background and that horrible trailer crescendo to cap it all off.

That being said, I didn't mind the JP theme at the end of one the more recent bts videos.

Whatever happened to the good old days of every trailer using Aliens music? :P

I looked up this movie's trailer for the first time in many years, as for whatever reason it was ingrained into my subconscious memory that this trailer used Horner's Aliens music. I was baffled to discover my memory was inaccurate. But, I'm linking anyway, because I love you all!

Not to mention you folks will probably look at this and figure "Oh, so that's why Sev loves Jurassic World so much. THIS is the kind of movie he watched regularly as a kid". 

And New Alcatraz wasn't exactly a multi-million dollar blockbuster though, there's no excuse for the crap in today's trailers.

But it's about as funny! I couldn't care less about a poorly-produced trailer for a movie I'm going to see anyway.

Anyway, I highly suspect 33:40 is from Fallen Kingdom's score. I hope I'm correct, as this sounds quite a bit clearer than JW's recording.

Like I said in the other topic, just saw the movie.

Dont recall many new themes off the top of my head, something for Maisie (the girl), something for the bad guys, and a lot more choral stuff.

Owens theme gets a lot of use, Indominus rex theme has a cameo and the jurassic world theme pops up sometimes too. 

It was okay, but a lot more frenetic (like the movie)

I heard a few drums and it had a lot of energy, but the movie itself barely takes place on the island and has a lot more scare moments than JW1.

Also Pillow Talk is the worst pun ever for what actually happens in that scene

What did you thought of the movie? Was better than the first one or worse? I'm planning on watching it tomorrow and I want to know what to expect.

This is the thread to discuss the score; His thoughts on the film are in the thread for the film:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25522-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-ja-bayona-2018/&do=findComment&comment=1490446

Nah thats for the Worst Bedtime Storyteller track (and yes the trailer basically spoils the entire movie)

Pillow Talk is for the scene

where someone gets smothered to death by a pillow

Some of the thematic correlations in this score make absolutely no sense! The family theme from JW underscoring scenes revolving around Owen and Claire?

Karol

Well, one moment. But still. The score didn't impress me much, I have to say. And I really like the first one. Will give it a listen when it comes out though.

Karol

Maybe that moment was tracked in by the director and Giacchino originally scored it differently

did we decide it was a family theme?

I was always confused about that

(I did for a second wonder if I heard any tracked music, particularly the 'Ye Old Visitor Center' bit)

There are no themes with confusing use in the first Jurassic World score

There's the main theme, the family theme, the Indominous Rex themes A and B, the Hoskins / InGen squad theme, and the theme for Owen's raptor squad

EDIT: This might help you out

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24405-michael-giacchinos-jurassic-world-2015/&do=findComment&comment=1137769

It's a shame the original InGen theme is missing. It was easily one of the best things about the previous score. There is a similar material in this film but I don't think they ever use it. The score goes for a more cheesy choral movie monsters sound, which sort of makes sense given the setting, but it doesn't feel very focused.

Karol

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

Entertainment Weekly has debuted the first track from the score "This Title Makes Me Jurassic"

https://ew.com/movies/2018/06/07/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-theme-michael-giacchino/

Ew. I hate the segment from 1:16-1:45 so much. The rest of it is fine though. Has a somewhat old monster movie feel to me

well this went with the last part of the opening scene, one of the few interesting segments of the movie (and it did feel like a monster movie there)

the actual title comes in at around 2:25

hearing it again, I wonder if Michael took notes from Godzilla 98