Bob Dylan Wins Nobel Prize For Literature

A24

I can't say I have read much of Dylan's lyrics/poems and personally hate his singing voice but professor Danius comparing him to Homer and Sapho is a bit much.

P.S. I emended the topic title Alex.

1 hour ago, Incanus said:

I can't say I have read much of Dylan's lyrics/poems and personally hate his singing voice but professor Danius comparing him to Homer and Sapho is a bit much.

I don't like his singing or lyrics. It's all too protesty for me, but I don't hate him. Live and let live.

I think he's deserving of it. I mean, why not? If a poet can get the award why shouldn't a songwriter of Dylan's calibre? 

His singing voice might not be to everyone's taste but the man is a lyrical genius.

No.

There has been much ado about nothing in the press concerning the difficulties of tracking Dylan down during the past week. Speculation and explanations why he won't come and accept the award. And now Nobel academy feels slighted.:lol: 

3 hours ago, Incanus said:

No.

There has been much ado about nothing in the press concerning the difficulties of tracking Dylan down during the past week.

Tracking Dylan down? He was doing concerts in Idio, California earlier this week with The Stones, The Who, Neil Young and Roger Waters! A friend of mine went there.

Not to be the grammar police, but that would be 'shocked' and 'accept'.

But I'll believe it when I see it (i.e. that he actually turns up).

34 minutes ago, Thor said:

Not to be the grammar police, but that would be 'shocked' and 'accept'.

Damn! I used to know that. Let me know if it gets worse, Thor, maybe there's something wrong with me.