Superb A Capella Williams Medley

The Psycho Pianist

I wasn't around JWFan back in 2013 but I'm assuming there was discussion about Petra Haden's a capella album Petra Goes to the Movies with its performances of "The Planet Krypton" and the Superman march.

Either way here it is again:

18 hours ago, The Psycho Pianist said:

Apologies if a new thread isn't the right place for this, but it genuinely is excellent! They even incorporate the pizz bass from E.T. - excellent arrangement :)

Nice...now, let's hear them do something deserving of their talent: IMAGES, anyone?

Holy freakin' crap!!! That was incredible!!!!!

I was expecting to just watch a minute or two, but then I heard their E.T. arrangement - :wub: - and I knew I had to listen till then end.

The full ensemble harmony!

These guys should get a Grammy!

The staccato bass stuff in most of the themes in particular was a real joy. They could have just gone with the main melody but they decided to try something really cool instead, incorporating some of JW's other orchestrational details. 

And the finale! I wonder how it would sound with full orchestra...

Also the opening of their E.T. arrangement sounded awesome! Almost like the style of generic techno electronic music, if you know what I mean, but of course better.

And the Potter theme coming in in the finale. 

I'm going to watch that again now!

The arranger is Jamey Ray. Here's the official upload:

20 hours ago, Richard said:

Me, too, but only if they perform the film version.

The film version of Slalom on Mt Humol is identical to the album version. Unless you're referring to the music that comes immediately after it, which is a separate cue (2m4 The Indian Village)