Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

19 hours ago, Josh500 said:

La-La Land Records did an incredible job on the Home Alone scores, Empire of the Sun, and A.I. 

I hope they continue that tradition with the Harry Potter scores, Star Wars prequels and Indiana Jones scores (unlikely but who knows?), Minority Report, etc.

The Star Wars and Indiana Jones scores are Lucasfilm, now owned by Disney, so only Intrada could expand those (or, more likely, Disney will expand them on their own record label).

LLL could do the Harry Potters if WB decides to license them out to them, and they could do Minority Report if Fox and Dreamworks do the same.

17 hours ago, crumbs said:

Matessino did Jaws and Jaws 2 with Intrada just 12 months ago, six months after doing A.I. with La La Land.

You'd be surprised the amount of time that can pass between when a producer assembles his CD, and when said CD actually releases.  Sometimes it can literally be years.

17 hours ago, crumbs said:

As far as I'm concerned, the label is irrelevant (as long as it's an independent label, not one beholden to cost-cutting studio interests) if MM is producing the release. In the last 5 years he's got a flawless track record, giving us one Holy Grail release after another with no stone left unturned.

Well said.

1 hour ago, king mark said:

I hate the Hyperspace music tracked over the Hoth search scene. I much prefer Williams original

Me too. Hate it every time, grit my teeth a little bit. It works for the mainstream audience, but the music intended and unused is superior. Overwhelming parts of the audiences don't buy film scores and have no idea the music intended for that scene. It is an example of what I mean though... it works, but many agree they should have not tracked that when the intended music worked so great anyways. Both JP and TLW suffer from tracked parts. In the film, sure, it works, but the intended music would've been better.

6 hours ago, Chris ChrusherComix said:

As long-time JWFans know (many probably forgot me), I dust off my old JWFan profile to join in the glee at such glorious releases such as these.

And as many remember, while JP complete will be fun but not a hell of a lot of extras. It is TLW complete is what I've always wanted, as it is the most tracked and worst edited John Williams/Spielberg movie - unusual for Spielberg, as he usually trusts Williams' instincts and sometimes edits the score to the music. This was a rare aberration from his usual methods, as the main themes were clumsily tracked into some of the film's highlights and ruined the entire movie, IMO. It's tracked worse than TPM! Had to listen to my old, crude DVD rips to enjoy it, and crude they were. To have it complete and in chronological... outside of truly complete and chronological Star Wars scores, this was up there near the top. Expanded Rescuing Sarah? Any and all missing music in the dino-chase sequences? Ludlow's Demise properly placed? Oh man... this will get a LOT of play!

Thank you Michael M,, Neil B. and co.! Already know it's going to be as close to perfection as humanly possible on a CD set release. Can't wait for it!

Hi Chris!

... Neil B?  I don't see his name anywhere in the press release for this title?

I remember your old "crude" DVD rip sourced edit!  It was amazing at the time, the first glimpse for me into how much really cool music was in the film . So much has happened after you made that; First, we got the sheet music, which finally explained what all the pieces on the OST were intended for, how to arrange everything, and how much additional music there was that was recorded that wasn't even in the film!    You might enjoy reading this thread about it:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19455-complete-cue-list-the-lost-world-jurassic-park/

That led to better DVDrip sourced edits where everything was in its proper order, and synth mockups of unused music filled the gaps.  Then the Blu Ray came out, and the sound mix on that allowed more music to be ripped clearly, making even better edits.

Now, after 19 years, all of that is moot since we're getting everything in perfect sound.  This is so awesome!

Anyway, we delivered the bomb stick around this time and post more!

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

Hi Chris!

... Neil B?  I don't see his name anywhere in the press release for this title?

I remember your old "crude" DVD rip sourced edit!  It was amazing at the time, the first glimpse for me into how much really cool music was in the film . So much has happened after you made that; First, we got the sheet music, which finally explained what all the pieces on the OST were intended for, how to arrange everything, and how much additional music there was that was recorded that wasn't even in the film!    You might enjoy reading this thread about it:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19455-complete-cue-list-the-lost-world-jurassic-park/

That led to better DVDrip sourced edits where everything was in its proper order, and synth mockups of unused music filled the gaps.  Then the Blu Ray came out, and the sound mix on that allowed more music to be ripped clearly, making even better edits.

Now, after 19 years, all of that is moot since we're getting everything in perfect sound.  This is so awesome!

Anyway, we delivered the bomb stick around this time and post more!

Thanks, Jay. Yep, I made those crude rips just using the OST CD, a DVD with 5.1 analog outs, an analog stereo mixer, analog mixer and a MD recorder! No WAV editing or anything, as I didn't know how to do that then (I can now, but I edit very little of anything due to these modern expanded releases usually being pretty close to perfect or a fellow JWFan sending me his edit quicker than I can manage). Crude indeed by the standards of even rudimentary computer work let alone what a studio can do. They lasted for a few years and got their use, but as you said, many improvements came over the years. All can be put to rest now... this set is going to rock.

And I try to stick around, but usually if there isn't a great new release out, I have nothing much to say and then I don't login as much as I'd like to. Off of work for a week too, which enables me to get some free time to log in as well.

And Neil wasn't a part of this one? I thought I saw his name on it. Maybe because his name is on so many of these releases, I THOUGHT I saw it, haha. I can still keep the thanks in for his usual efforts on many of these releases, then. :P 

45 minutes ago, Jay said:

I don't see his name anywhere in the announcement:

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10154862904893755

I edited it. Feel bad, but we can thank him for other great work he's put in. :)

On 11/27/2016 at 5:18 AM, BloodBoal said:

$60 for a 4 discs set is definitely reasonable. That's $15 for each disc, plus you get a fancy packaging, great liner notes, etc... No complaints from me!

$60 for a lavishly produced 4 cd set is fine.

The shipping costs though....

Yeah, $22.50 shipping is quite a lot. Plus I'll be charged another £20 customs. Seems like It happens now every time I order something. It wasn't the case before. Punishment for Brexit? ;)

Karol

3 hours ago, crocodile said:

Yeah, $22.50 shipping is quite a lot. Plus I'll be charged another £20 customs. Seems like It happens now every time I order something. It wasn't the case before. Punishment for Brexit? ;)

Karol

Yes that is a lot for shipping but Finnish customs usually don't snatch my parcels because the labels like Intrada, LLL and retailers like SAE do not mark the real value of the products on the outside. Bless them. :)

Otherwise they are quick to put through customs everything even little over 20 € of worth.

57 minutes ago, Jay said:

Can't you guys order from Music Box Records to save money? 

In my case I've already ordered onThe MovieMusic Store website by the past, they have several labels & best shipping rates when I make a 2-8 CD order... and the next one will be a 8 CD order :-)

You're in Canada though... Music Box Records is a European retailer, so they'd only have to pay to ship from one European country to another instead if from US to their country. 

46 minutes ago, Jay said:

Can't you guys order from Music Box Records to save money? 

I am under the impression that they do not get these releases any earlier than regular customers ordering from e.g. LLL. I don't have the patience to wait for them to get the release and then dispatch it to me some time in the future. And it is not much if at all cheaper. JP Collection costs 66.95 € + 11.50 € for shipping, which is 77,45€. Ordering directly from LLL with shipping it is 59.98$ +21.50$ for shipping = 83,48 $=78,81 €. So the difference is a bit over a euro  (or a bit more with regular mail) with probably two more weeks of waiting. Belgium and a few other countries have a bit cheaper shipping but for me it is not that big a deal.

I picked a random address in Helsinki, Finland used the Batman TAS 4CD set as my test candidate (Because it retails for $59.98)

direct from La La Land:

BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES VOL 3  $59.98     
Subtotal:    $59.98
Shipping:    $21.50
Tax:    $0.00
Total:    $81.48

Music Box Records

BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES: VOL. 3 LLLCD132262,95 €
Total products (tax incl.)    62,95 €
Total shipping    11,50 €
Total    74,45 €

which is $78.83 USD

Dang, you're right!  And yes it wouldn't arrive faster that way either.  Damn!

EDIT: Just for shiggles, I tried two other websites

Screen Archives

Subtotal:    $59.95
Select country to calculate shipping:     Shipping:    $17.50
Total:    $77.45

Movie Music

Items Subtotal:    $59.99
Sales Tax:    $0
Shipping:    $20
Order Total:    $79.99

I think LaLaLand actually works out at being cheaper for me!

They say 12/9 for Jurassic Park and TBH I'd rather go with LLL and.l be guaranteed to get it for Xmas!

22 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

I think LaLaLand actually works out at being cheaper for me!

They say 12/9 for Jurassic Park and TBH I'd rather go with LLL and.l be guaranteed to get it for Xmas!

Their shipping is sometimes amazingly fast. Personal record is 3 days from US to Finland.

25 minutes ago, Jay said:

I picked a random address in Helsinki, Finland used the Batman TAS 4CD set as my test candidate (Because it retails for $59.98)

EDIT: Just for shiggles, I tried two other websites

Screen Archives

Subtotal:    $59.95
Select country to calculate shipping:     Shipping:    $17.50
Total:    $77.45

Movie Music

Items Subtotal:    $59.99
Sales Tax:    $0
Shipping:    $20
Order Total:    $79.99

Yeah SAE is cheaper but gleefully informs me that since there have been reports of packages to my destination having gone missing, they would like to give me the opportunity to pay another 20 $ for registered mail shipping which means they will replace the missing package if it doesn't arrive. Without it though they do not. So the shipping would be 37.50$ if I wanted to be careful. Which I didn't the last time I ordered from them and the package arrived safe and sound and was not robbed along the way.

They also have the wonderful 40 $ + shipping option for further expedited safe registered delivery.

There is a bit of a feeling of "I am not saying your package might have an accident if you don't pay for extra protection but it could happen. Just saying."

MTE4MDAzNDA5OTY4NzkzMTAy.jpg

I am dying to hear this 4CD set!

I don't even know where to start!  Do I listen to 90 minutes of JP music I've heard a jillion times before diving into The Lost World?  Hmmmm

2 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

to make sure everything's in order.

What?  You think the JP set might be out of chronological order?  Are you serious?

15 minutes ago, Jay said:

I am dying to hear this 4CD set!

I don't even know where to start!  Do I listen to 90 minutes of JP music I've heard a jillion times before diving into The Lost World?  Hmmmm

Listen the odd tracks of all the set first, then the even ones.

Of course what I'd really like to see now that we will have truly complete releases for both of these scores is to see someone create a version of each movie with a perfectly synced isolated score track.  It's easily my favorite thing about the "despecialized" Star Wars versions.

20 hours ago, Bespin said:

Listen the odd tracks of all the set first, then the even ones.

I'll probably start with the JP cues that weren't on the OST, then all of TLW in order

Does anyone have any clue what is the best place to order Jurassic Park if you also want to post some additional stuff from other companies at the same time?

I used Movie Music in the past, but they don't seem to have it listed yet.

15 minutes ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

Does anyone have any clue what is the best place to order Jurassic Park if you also want to post some additional stuff from other companies at the same time?

I used Movie Music in the past, but they don't seem to have it listed yet.

Moviemusic.com don't have it, because it's not released yet! ;)

It all depends. I ordered Home Alone almost as soon as it came out last year and I didn't get it until mid-January. Then again, I'll be ordering this as soon as I'm told it's out. Even if I'm at work - I'll just order via my phone :P I probably hit a busy period, but they're usually pretty good as getting it to you within a week if you're in the UK.