Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

How do you figure that? Did I miscalculate?

It says for me 75,64

using the colissimo pick up relay 8,69€

Probably the netherlands have a cheaper shipping fee.

EDIT: yes for you its 7.50.

From LLL it costs 74,44 for me

I would order from music box if i was in the netherlands i suppose. Same price and more shipping insurance

11 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Yeah there's really only a couple of Euro's between ordering from the USA or Europe.

For you really there is no difference in price between LLL and Music box

From SAE it is 70,75 €

LLL and SAE use both the USA post office. for the price of shipping fees, it sound be sent with a shipping company, UPS, DHL, whatever.

2 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

For you really there is no difference in price between LLL and Music box

There's a couple of Euro's.

2 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

From SAE it is 70,75 €

Do they ship as fast as LLL?

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

1.There's a couple of Euro's.

2.Do they ship as fast as LLL?

1.Do you pay with paypal? i checked the exchange rate and it says LLL price is 74,44. (81,48 $)

2.I dont know...if LLL has already sent them the CDs they should be similar.

Seriously, we're finally getting the COMPLETE Jurassic Park and The Lost World scores on CDs and some of you guys are complaining about the frigging shipping costs or a few bucks.

Wow. Talk about spoiled idiots!

8 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

1.Do you pay with paypal? i checked the exchange rate and it says LLL price is 74,44. (81,48 $)

According to xe.com the exchange rate would convert 81.44 USD into 76.8210 EUR

5 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Actually the opposite. Those who are comparing shipping costs are NOT spoiled idiots. We are people who don't have the disposable income some other may have and are therefore forced to examine all options.

The shipping costs for these CD's is actually quite ridiculous. Even if the CD's themselves are rather reasonably priced.

yeah. That comment was out of place really. And its not just price, it is also the shipping company. From local US post office to local EU post office, a package could be lost. Using an external shipping company makes it safer if the package is lost. With LLL and SAE, once it is out of the USA you dont have tracking info, i think.

I dont know why paypal says that the exchange rate is lower... they are even supposing to be adding an exhange fee for them :/

Lets see tomorrow.

We all know how much the shipping cost is. It's nothing new.

We should be concentrating on the products themselves, not shipping costs. If you want to save 3 bucks on a 80 bucks purchase (more or less), drink one or two beers less this month! :P

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

We should be concentrating on the products themselves, not shipping costs. If you want to save 3 bucks on a 80 bucks purchase (more or less), drink one or two beer less this month! :P

Please don't tell me what I should be concentrating on.

43 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Yeah there's really only a couple of Euro's between ordering from the USA or Europe.

Don´ forget the risk of customs! If the package is caught, the customs fee makes it much more expensive to import from the US.

6 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

We should be concentrating on the products themselves, not shipping costs. If you want to save 3 bucks on a 80 bucks purchase (more or less), drink one or two beers less this month! :P

On the contrary, not spending that money on shipping costs, he can buy to beers with that.

For me its almost 6 €, i can buy a paperback novel with that.

And since we live overseas...we cannot concentrate in these cds until 15 or more days in the future...anyway. Now that's useles.

6 minutes ago, hanser said:

Don´ forget the risk of customs! If the package is caught, the customs fee makes it much more expensive to import from the US.

I've never had a package from any of the labels caught by customs though, so I don't really consider it a risk.

Anyway, what worries me more is, how long before this sells out?

My guess is 4-5 months.

It's 5,000 units after all, which is a LOT, and it sells for 60 bucks each (75 or more shipping included). It won't sell out within a few days or weeks. At least I hope not.

The only time that's ever happened was when i ordered the Indiana Jones DVD box set from Canada. I got a notice from customs after it was delivered that I had to pay an additional 20 Euro's. I never payed anything and nothing ever came of it.

Just now, Stefancos said:

I've never had a package from any of the labels caught by customs though, so I don't really consider it a risk.

Lucky you! It is a pain to have to go during office hours to the customs office, wait in line, only to pay a lot of money, until you finally receive you package with a stern, disapproving glance from the clerk who had to work SO hard because you had the cheek to buy something from outside EU.

2 minutes ago, hanser said:

Lucky you! It is a pain to have to go during office hours to the customs office, wait in line, only to pay a lot of money, until you finally receive you package with a stern, disapproving glance from the clerk who had to work SO hard because you had the cheek to buy something from outside EU.

Wipe the expression off their face by saying that the tax office is implying that, because you shouldn't be ordering things from outside the EU, it's okay to pirate things as long as they originate from outside the EU and are not available through the EU. :P

15 minutes ago, FrankV said:

Ordering from Screen Archives isn't that interesting anymore for us Dutch people. :(

screenarchives.png

As I said on the previous page, it feels a bit like mobsters hinting that your package might have an "accident" you do not pay for protection. In the end of the shipping + "protection delivery" is more than the price of the CDs you might be ordering. Finland also has the "cheaper" 20 $ express mail option as SAE. Unless they have removed it since I last ordered from them.

Why in gods name are you guys still bitching about the cost of the set?  Or is it just shipping cost?  The cost of the set is fine.  These days for a 2-CD set it's around $30 so you guys got to remember that.  If it's shipping for international people then I can understand the negativity but enough with how much the set costs.

1 minute ago, Trent B said:

Why in gods name are you guys still bitching about the cost of the set?  Or is it just shipping cost?  The cost of the set is fine.  These days for a 2-CD set it's around $30 so you guys got to remember that.  If it's shipping for international people then I can understand the negativity but enough with how much the set costs.

No problem with the set cost. The highway robbery of the shipping costs for e.g. Europe + "express mail" protection at SAE is staggering.

Here's how I'm reading that screenshot:

"That's a nice CD set you've got there. Shame if anything were to happen to it."

Seriously, an additional $45 to 'guarantee' safe delivery? You get that direct with LLL when you order from abroad as they still give you a tracking number, and it costs a lot less than that!

1 minute ago, Gistech said:

Here's how I'm reading that screenshot:

"That's a nice CD set you've got there. Shame if anything were to happen to it."

Seriously, an additional $45 to 'guarantee' safe delivery? You get that direct with LLL when you order from abroad as they still give you a tracking number, and it costs a lot less than that!

Yup.

1 minute ago, BloodBoal said:

Plus you won't end up with a horse head in your bed if you don't pay for the additional shipping fees.

Well there is also that.

It's actually quite encouraging seeing companies like La La Land and Intrada getting hold of such high profile projects as Jaws and Jurassic Park expanded scores, specially with Matessino being the go-guy for the Williams/Spielberg collaborations.. This bodes very well for the future

As others have said, the price of the set is perfectly reasonable for such a premium product. But the shipping costs are getting ridiculous, specially with the Euro and US dollar having almost equal value at this point.

I might consider having this set shipped to a friend of mine in New Jersey

Spare a thought for Australians, where the set will be over $100 shipped! Our dollar was parity with the US just a few years back.

At least their shipping is super fast. I remember A.I. arriving in under a week; was very impressed when that package landed on my desk a week earlier than anticipated.

Shipping cost is a woe for most non-US customers. I understand that a small company like SAE must protect its own business, but 45$ for shipping is truly unbearable. Also, local custom agents have become much more severe in checking extra-UE customs (at least here in Italy), so there's also the added risk of having to pay an added custom fee.

In the last couple of years I always ordered through Music Box to avoid all those kind of issues.

Just now, TownerFan said:

Shipping cost is a woe for most non-US customers. I understand that a small company like SAE must protect its own business, but 45$ for shipping is truly unbearable. Also, local custom agents have become much more severe in checking extra-EU customs (at least here in Italy), so there's also the added risk of having to pay an added custom fee.

In the last couple of years I always ordered through Music Box to avoid all those kind of issues.

It is actually the normal shipping fee + 45 $, Maurizio.

Yes, it's basically an insurance, so it's up to the customer if taking the risk of having your package lost and not refundable, or add an insurance to your parcel.

However, I prefer to order from EU-based online stores to avoid any woes.

OK, if i order directly from LLL, and my package does not arrive, what does it happen?

Because it's not clear to me. SAE seems to say that you have to pay express mail in order to get refund or replacements. What does LLL do?

PD: I think now that's why i never ordered from SAE directly, i think the "many parcels lost in your country so you have to pay more for shipping" appeared to me already years ago.

3 hours ago, RPurton said:

Does anyone know what time it will be online? I'm in Australia, so I'm planning on staying up all night if I have to!

12:00PM PST on Tuesday = 7:00AM Wednesday in Sydney (I don't know which Australian time zone you're in).

3 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Seriously, we're finally getting the COMPLETE Jurassic Park and The Lost World scores on CDs and some of you guys are complaining about the frigging shipping costs or a few bucks.

Josh, that comment is very out of line!  What the hell, dude?

3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Actually the opposite. Those who are comparing shipping costs are NOT spoiled idiots. We are people who don't have the disposable income some other may have and are therefore forced to examine all options.

YES.

The shipping costs for these CD's is actually quite ridiculous. Even if the CD's themselves are rather reasonably priced.

Yea, it's a goddamn shame what has happened in recent times with the shipping rates from the US -> Europe.  I feel so bad for you guys!

3 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

yeah. That comment was out of place really. And its not just price, it is also the shipping company. From local US post office to local EU post office, a package could be lost. Using an external shipping company makes it safer if the package is lost. With LLL and SAE, once it is out of the USA you dont have tracking info, i think.

Yea there's a lot to factor in here!

3 hours ago, Josh500 said:

But it IS new!  These shipping rates VERY recently skyrocketed!  You might not have noticed, but its true!  Here's just one of many threads about it:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=113495&forumID=1&archive=0

Well first of all, we don't have the music yet, so what else is there to talk about :P  Second of all, $3 might not be a lot to you, but it might be to others.  That's the point.

3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Please don't tell me what I should be concentrating on.

YES.

2 hours ago, Trent B said:

Huh?  No one's bitching about the cost of the set, they are discussing international shipping rates.

2 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

No one's complaining about the price of the set, but about the ridiculous shipping fees.

Indeed.

2 hours ago, Incanus said:

No problem with the set cost. The highway robbery of the shipping costs for e.g. Europe + "express mail" protection at SAE is staggering.

Yes.  It seems like ordering direct from LLL is the best, cheapest, and fastest way for you guys in Europe to get this.