Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

8 hours ago, Jay said:

109:33 - 68:52 = about 41 minutes :)

Not what I meant, Jay. How much is completely new as in previously unheard? Stuff that wasn't on the album was also unused in the film.

Karol

It seems people in Europe are already talking about the music! My set still hasn't landed on this side of the pond :'(

57 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Mine hasn't even shipped yet! :(

Which means it probably won't ship from LA until Tuesday (Australian time) at the earliest, which means I probably won't get it until the week after. :(:(

This announcement can be found on the LLL site:

WE ARE EXPERIENCING a high volume of orders. Please be patient as we process and fulfill these orders as they are received. Thanks so much for your patronage -- we are working to fill your orders as quickly as we can.

3 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Oh, I'm being very patient, just a little frustrated! ;)

I can't fault LLL for their shipping, A.I. arrived within ~4 days of ordering from memory. Just unfortunate that this set will probably take 2 weeks to arrive, but unsurprising given the popularity of the franchise.

2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Yeah it's definitely frustrating that I ordered mine within 10 minutes of release 4 days ago and it still hasn't shipped.

I wonder if ordering off Paypal vs Direct has any influence on how fast your order gets processed? Your case seems very strange.

3 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I wonder if ordering off Paypal vs Direct has any influence on how fast your order gets processed? Your case seems very strange.

You'd think they would take a strict FIFO approach (first in, first out) to fulfilling orders but maybe not.

Anybody around here pay with PayPal and get a shipping notice already?

I paid by PayPal and it was shipped yesterday.

I got my order in about 5 minutes after release (my card failed authorisation, and rather than typing all the numbers in again, went with PayPal) so I can imagine if you were 5 minutes after that, there's a lot of orders in the queue in that time.

I paid direct to LLL about 90 minutes after orders started... no shipping notice yet. I received my second email saying 2-3 days shipping estimate though.

I don't think it's actually shipped until you get a tracking number, etc.

8 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

It's a weird program on CD, because it's actually sequenced like an LP, with the side change coming between track 7 and 8. 

If you think about the album in two parts (an A side and a B side) it makes a lot more sense.

That's what I used to say, but didn't someone say that the LP split didn't actually occur at that point?

1 hour ago, Incanus said:

As much as I also would like to get my teeth on the CDs very quickly, this is just fantastic news in view of similar future releases. Let's be patient, it will be worth it! 

4 hours ago, crocodile said:

Not what I meant, Jay. How much is completely new as in previously unheard? Stuff that wasn't on the album was also unused in the film.

Karol

Oh, that!  I dunno,  never added it up. Maybe 15 minutes? 

11 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

That's what I used to say, but didn't someone say that the LP split didn't actually occur at that point?

The side change is after track 8, My Friend the Brachiosaurus. So yeah, the LP sequencing excuse doesn't make sense; it's just a totally bizarre John Williams "listening experience" arrangement. I think whatever his definition of listening experience is, it's very different to what we'd all like!

A1    Opening Titles
A2    Theme From Jurassic Park
A3    Incident At Isla Nublar
A4    Journey To The Island
A5    The Raptor Attack
A6    Hatching Baby Raptor
A7    Welcome To Jurassic Park
A8    My Friend, The Brachiosaurus
B1    Dennis Steals The Embryo
B2    A Tree For My Bed
B3    High-Wire Stunts
B4    Remembering Petticoat Lane
B5    Jurassic Park Gate
B6    Eye To Eye
B7    T-Rex Rescue And Finale
B8    End Credits

https://www.discogs.com/John-Williams-Jurassic-Park-Music-From-The-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/release/667203

5 hours ago, artguy360 said:

No I'd definitely keep the set if I bought it. The package and linear notes are probably amazing so I'd treasure that. 

FYI: They are called liner notes, not linear notes. 

On 05/07/2013 at 11:16 AM, Thor said:

Example: People criticize JURASSIC PARK as having a bewildered thematic structure. I've never felt that. I feel that the repeat of the theme at those points gives the album almost a sonata form overall; it also adds to the ebb and flow of emotions (dissonance there, then into the majestic theme, then back to more suspense, then another statement of the theme etc.). It's a new conceptualization of the music that works in its own right. I don't really care if it's "illogical" when you compare it to the film's narrative and use of music.

I understand why scores can't always be made available in their complete form from the get go, but I'll never understand why composers and/or producers feel the need to create work for themselves by editing cues from different parts of the film together or, even more strangely, start making microedits to brass fanfares etc. The music we got on the JP OST would have worked perfectly if presented chronologically and would have made room for things like the T-Rex Chase.

Too bad he always complains about this place not being focused on actual discussion and that's exactly what they're doing on the thread where people are listening to this...

13 minutes ago, crumbs said:

The side change is after track 8, My Friend the Brachiosaurus. So yeah, the LP sequencing excuse doesn't make sense.

Then somebody must have screwed up the side breaks!

6 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

Then somebody must have screwed up the side breaks!

Maybe JW considers that track to be an epilogue to the end credits suite! ;)

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

Mine hasn't even shipped yet! :(

Which means it probably won't ship from LA until Tuesday (Australian time) at the earliest, which means I probably won't get it until the week after. :(:(

Same. Hopefully it will get here before Xmas. There mustn't have been a first come first serve order as I placed my order within minutes of the opening slot.

10 minutes ago, RPurton said:

Same. Hopefully it will get here before Xmas. There mustn't have been a first come first serve order as I placed my order within minutes of the opening slot.

Yeah, which seems weird... maybe shipping address/payment method impacts on their shipping order.

Maybe Paypal takes longer to confirm payment was processed.

I paid direct, assuming it would speed the order up (it worked for A.I.!)

Might be they group orders from certain addresses together to optimise shipping.

33 minutes ago, crumbs said:

But how do you read the non-linear notes?

That's why I didn't finish House of Leaves.

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

You'd think they would take a strict FIFO approach (first in, first out) to fulfilling orders but maybe not.

Paid by PayPal and got shipping notice on the same day. It seems I got lucky.

My parcel has left LA according to the tracking info. In transit to Finland.

Still waiting for a shipping notice.

Ordered on Tuesday the 29th. Got a message on Thursday that it'd be shipped in 2-3 days.

The status still says 2-3 days now. Maybe early next week?

4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

They literally are:

4 hours ago, Incanus said:

WE ARE EXPERIENCING a high volume of orders. Please be patient as we process and fulfill these orders as they are received. Thanks so much for your patronage -- we are working to fill your orders as quickly as we can.

I ordered Tuesday with PayPal and got my shipping notice from stamps.com on Wednesday. Did you check you junk/spam folders? Did you use a different email with LLL's site than you use with PayPal? 

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

They literally are:

I ordered Tuesday with PayPal and got my shipping notice from stamps.com on Wednesday. Did you check you junk/spam folders? Did you use a different email with LLL's site than you use with PayPal? 

Nope.  I've ordered from them many times and never had any issues like that.  Maybe they literally haven't finished getting through the 1st 15 minutes!

That'd be wild if they're still processing orders from the first 15 minutes. We know they got 1800 orders in the first day, but I have no idea how many orders they can ship in a day. 

6 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

Was it truly Williams decision to have one tooth on the T-Rex? Or what's the story behind that?

That was a joke! :D

But there really is a mistake on the booklet cover (either's designer's or printer's probably the latter) and thus it has no teeth apart from one.