Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

3 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

This release has been an utter and unabashed fiasco, and the least they could have done is acknowledge that. I'm done with La-La-Land. Not buying anything from them anymore. Bye!

#MakeBookletCoversGreatAgain.

It could have been worse BB. A lot worse. CD case front cover without those teeth.

But it is the little things that get to you. Like not being apologetic about this booklet error.

That's how it always starts.

First, it's: "Who cares if the booklet cover doesn't have teeth? At least we have a booklet!".

And then, with the next release: "No booklet? Well, at least we have the CDs!"

Followed by: "Oh oh, my copy doesn't have the CDs. Oh, well, at least I have the jewel case!"

And finally: "No copy? Well, at least I got the empty package in time for Christmas!"

Just now, Stefancos said:

1 million!

And I don't appreciate being told to suck it up. Dont do that again!

I'm only trying to help!  Fomenting silly arguments is Postcount Inflation 101 stuff!

A veritable hell is going to break loose when more people hear about this! An uprising of impotent internet rage powerless to change the teethgate situation.

I would like some good old fashioned apologetic grovelling from MV, not this sassy talk-back attitude! It is ruining my Christmas mood. Good will toward all and all that.

It's a very tiny thing, this teeth issue, and I'm surprised it was made into a big deal, but I agree that MV's response was rather on the 'smartypants' side. A bit of humility and a straighforward apology (sans attitude) would have been better.

I think MV's response was perfect, and completely honest. I'd rather have that than some 'we apologise for any inconvenience caused' bullshit. They know they made a little mistake, we know they did. It's not worth spending time and money to fix.

3 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I think MV's response was perfect, and completely honest. I'd rather have that than some 'we apologise for any inconvenience caused' bullshit.

It's not perfect if it ridicules the customers (no matter how 'OCD' or tiny the complaint may be). A straightforward "yeah, we screwed up on that" perhaps followed by some joke about dinosaurs missing teeth or whatever, would have been better.

14 minutes ago, Thor said:

It's not perfect if it ridicules the customers (no matter how 'OCD' or tiny the complaint may be). A straightforward "yeah, we screwed up on that" perhaps followed by some joke about dinosaurs missing teeth or whatever, would have been better.

Indeed!

The answer MV gave was the kind of answer you can give to friends, not to customers.

They may not want to replace the booklets because it would cost them too much to do so, and that's fine, but at least they could answer nicely to the people who paid $60+ ($100+ for some!) for a set with a glaring printing mistake.

Maybe the words 'deal with it' weren't the best chosen, but I think he's still telling it like it is.

I'm known at work for being completely open with the client (often to the protest of my more diplomatic team leader), and so when something is so very obviously the case, I just tell it like it is, hence I quite like MV's style.

Just now, Richard Penna said:

Maybe the words 'deal with it' weren't the best chosen, but I think he's still telling it like it is.

I guess the Trump mentality is finally taking hold. 

You can act like a callous fucktwat and people will reward you for it.

So it's now day 9 since ordering, and my order still has not shipped.

Is anyone else who ordered in the first two hours still waiting for theirs to ship?

1 hour ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I think MV does not get criticism very well.

MV, Doug Fake, Bruce Kimmel, Ford Thaxton... There seem to be a lot of soundtrack producers with that problem. The funny thing is they can often recognize it in their peers, but continue to behave this way themselves.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Teethgate 2016 Update

One word answer: Oops

Solution one: Accept it and move on (if your OCD allows it)
Solution two: Take a sharpie and add teeth

End transmission

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=117626&forumID=1

Outrageous!

2 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

The lack of eyes is a bigger problem to me.

https://www.amazon.com/Watch-them-wiggle-Black-PIECES/dp/B0074MHV7W

On 7.12.2016 at 6:36 AM, azahid said:

Marian, I called SAE on Monday and they informed that they still haven't revived their batch from La La Land as yet. And SAE is quite overwhelmed with their Twilight Time Sale as they haven't even sent their usual email flyers of items in stock n shipping etc. So i guess we will just have to wait and hope for a timely delivery by D

December end!

I never really expected it to arrive before Christmas anyway, very likely not until January. SAE have never been fast at shipping, and over the years have gotten rather worse at it in my experience.

Okay, so after messaging around, it looks like people with orders in the 123,000s have shipped! Getting a bit frustrated now, I was 800 orders earlier.

I know there was a backlog of orders but I can't understand why mine hasn't even been processed yet.

11 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Anyone know if high res artwork of the individual score covers are available?

There are some pretty good fan made covers over at a certain forum known for its rampant piracy...

In the meantime, I've asked for them in the FSM thread.

54 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Anyone know if high res artwork of the individual score covers are available?

I asked MV if he could share them over in the FSM thread days ago but nothing yet. 

I too would like separate covers for each score on my phone. 

Tracked my set from CA, left the sort facility in CA, then arrived in...LA which now says it's on the way to it's destination. #prayingitcomesbeforexmas 

3 hours ago, RPurton said:

Tracked my set from CA, left the sort facility in CA, then arrived in...LA which now says it's on the way to it's destination. #prayingitcomesbeforexmas 

Haha just checked mine and it says it arrived in LA tonight, after being processed in La this morning. Yay!

Accept I'm not in LA. :S

1 hour ago, FC4L said:

Haha just checked mine and it says it arrived in LA tonight, after being processed in La this morning. Yay!

Accept I'm not in LA. :S

I've since used an online global tracking site to follow its progress. It has more entries than the USPS Stamps site.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

I asked MV if he could share them over in the FSM thread days ago but nothing yet. 

I too would like separate covers for each score on my phone. 

Did you remember to ask a high res version of the toothless JP cover as well?

11 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Covergate 2016 Update

One word answer: Oops

Solution one: Accept it and move on (if your OCD allows it)
Solution two: Take adobe photoshop and make your own

End transmission

MM

You could always check out these neat (fan made) covers I found for

Jurassic Park

The Lost World

As a special treat they all have teeth. ;)