Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

A few small surface scratches on disk 2 of JP, as though the c.d. rubbed against something before getting into the case.  I ripped it and will listen attentively for sound glitches.

most of the time it doesn't affect anything but it did one time for my Lost in Space 2 c.d. and I had to ask for another one

Edit. No sound glitches

So LLL replied and said my order actually shipped on 5/12 and gave me a tracking number, but unfortunately this is the only tracking detail:

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified on December 5, 2016 to expect this package for mailing. Please be advised tracking is not available for this product.

Seems unlikely it left LLL 4 days ago and USPS haven't received or scanned it yet. @Scarpia @BloodBoal Judging by your posts, is it possible USPS just aren't scanning packages at the moment but things are still processing as normal? I found a post here that claimed:

From what I understand the US Postal Service is currently not scanning items in-transit, so you can't track them. They are simply processing packages like they do letters (which generally don't have bar codes). This is likely due to the high-volume of Christmas deliveries.

http://downdetector.com/status/usps

I can't speak to the rest of it but I can tell you that absolutely every single letter sent through the USPS gets a barcode printed on it at the first sorting facility it gets to. Although it's a barcode that only gets scanned by machines, mail carriers obviously aren't scanning letters at delivery.  Not really apropos of anything, I just used to work for the Postal Service so I happen to know that.

1 hour ago, Selina Kyle said:

The CD exists on the planet for the first time in 23 years and the only way you can express yourself is to scratch it.

I didn't scratch it,it was like that when I opened it the first time

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

So LLL replied and said my order actually shipped on 5/12 and gave me a tracking number, but unfortunately this is the only tracking detail:

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified on December 5, 2016 to expect this package for mailing. Please be advised tracking is not available for this product.

Seems unlikely it left LLL 4 days ago and USPS haven't received or scanned it yet. @Scarpia @BloodBoal Judging by your posts, is it possible USPS just aren't scanning packages at the moment but things are still processing as normal? I found a post here that claimed:

You and I are in Oz, I got a tracking number, so it's weird you didn't.

8 minutes ago, RPurton said:

You and I are in Oz, I got a tracking number, so it's weird you didn't.

I guess with the sheer volume of orders, some of the tracking emails just got missed. My order summary still says, "will ship in 2-3 days." :huh:

I'm just going to reassure myself it's in the system somewhere but their tracking service hasn't updated yet. It's better than the alternative (it got lost after leaving LLL and never arrived at a postal facility).

Still not there... it left L.A. on Decmber 1. I live only a few miles off the biggest tranportation/logistics hubs in Europe, yet my stuff ordered from abroad always needs forever to get to me or ends up simply "lost". So much about German "efficiency" ;-)

In regards to the JP side of the booklets... why don't we all just get ourselves a large sticker of the logo and slap it on there? ;) Actually, that's not a bad idea, as long as it covers it properly! I know they are sold all over the place or can be made easily.

2 minutes ago, scallenger said:

In regards to the JP side of the booklets... why don't we all just get ourselves a large sticker of the logo and slap it on there? ;) Actually, that's not a bad idea, as long as it covers it properly! I know they are sold all over the place or can be made easily.

I thought about  making a transparent sticker with just the teeth.

But i donw know where to print it. And you have the issue of exact size.

A sharpie will do.

Oh I don't trust my sharpie skills! LOL. And while I understand the reasons for not reissuing booklets, for the people who say this isn't a big deal... this is my favorite score(s). I just want it to be as awesome as possible.

Yeah, that is my problem too. I would also have preferred a case with two 2CD jewel case but... fortunately the music is all there and no editing is really needed so one can listen to the CDs "as is" which is unusual.

The only edit I MIGHT do is split apart "Falling Car" and "T-Rex Chase" in JP. I just love that chase track and always want to skip right to it, lol. That's my only minor quibble of the music itself, apart from some sequencing with JP (moving "Stalling Around" to where it goes, etc).

6 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

yeah stalling arround sound nice chronological, but i cant understand why it was left out of the main program.

Source music. Goes at the end.

Supposedly mine is somewhere in the country as per today. Hasn't actually reached me though yet.

But I DID get my other order from Intrada that I placed about a week later.

Quite impressive that it somehow got overtaken!

Does anyone have any clue why in the film Mr. Hammond is somewhat dismissive of the Stalling Around music?

I always found that remark quite entertaining though also a bit puzzling.

I suppose he means that the music he would have wanted for the cartoon is basically the music that is in the actual film OUTSIDE that cartoon sequence!

For me at least, it does draw some well-deserved attention to John Williams' stellar music for the film. :D

3 hours ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

Does anyone have any clue why in the film Mr. Hammond is somewhat dismissive of the Stalling Around music?

I suppose he means that the music he would have wanted for the cartoon is basically the music that is in the actual film OUTSIDE that cartoon sequence!

For me at least, it does draw some well-deserved attention to John Williams' stellar music for the film. :D

Pretty much. Within the story, there's a plan to implement a majestic, grandiose score (a la traditional JW) to replace the cartoon temp track. It's a nice bit of "meta" irony.

11 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I thought about  making a transparent sticker with just the teeth.

But i donw know where to print it. And you have the issue of exact size.

A sharpie will do.

just print a new cover with teeth and place it over the booklet. Never "stick" something on a collector's item

And DON'T sharpie the teeth in...it won't look perfect and you'll regret it later

4 hours ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

Did you read the liner notes of the new release? It talks about this

13 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

yeah stalling arround sound nice chronological, but i cant understand why it was left out of the main program.

Again this is a personal preference but I think Stalling Around doesn't mesh really well with the surrounding cues stylistically (being sort of meta score within a score) so I think it was good decision to have the cartoony source music at the end of the LLL presentation.

In fact this is how I had it on my previous version of the soundtrack listening experience with those 20th anniversary tracks included. But again this is a personal preference where my C&C obsession gives way to the listening experience. ;) 

The guy is going to release some of the unreleased music apparently. He promises it on the video.

Plus he has such beautiful singing voice. He should definitely cut a single singing the fanfare theme.

Redstoneprime316
    Any chance you could upload the tracks on youtube?

BloodyFlowerFilms
    I'll only upload the bits that never were released. Like the snippet that played when Eddie meets the Rex parents and his death. 

Redstoneprime3161
    thanks. Can't wait to listen to them alongside the films. also, can you upload the in chronological ,order?

Millennials. So bloody demanding.

And that's awfully generous of Mr. Bloody Flower to only release the unreleased bits, ie. the biggest selling point of the set. 

19 hours ago, paleo said:

Still not there... it left L.A. on Decmber 1. I live only a few miles off the biggest tranportation/logistics hubs in Europe, yet my stuff ordered from abroad always needs forever to get to me or ends up simply "lost". So much about German "efficiency" ;-)

It is probably in customs which often takes several weeks to process. And it means you will have to pay import tax. 

19 minutes ago, Gurkensalat said:

It is probably in customs which often takes several weeks to process. And it means you will have to pay import tax. 

They might even charge double, just because they're jerks.

My last tracking update is showing that my parcel departed Vancouver airport on the 5th of Dec. No more updates since then. Ordered only after a few minutes the set was put on sale, waiting for it in North West England :(.

Seems like nobody is getting stable tracking updates from around the 5th of December.

Apparently mine hasn't even arrived at a sorting facility, despite being shipped a week ago.