Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

You should do what makes you happy Bespin.  No one else can decide these things for you.

I guess that since it's public and the liner notes are credible as information source.... let's document it !

Done on Wikipedia.

On 2016-12-28 at 8:33 PM, Mark Brody said:

I didn't realize there were already fan made cover for the expanded soundtracks.  I made my own.  I used a lower resolution image as the basis for TLW, so mine isn't as good as the one posted above, but I'm going to continue using the JP cover I made myself.

jurassic%20park%20Complete%20Soundtrack_

I'll give it to you, you've got style kid!

1 hour ago, lemoncurd said:

I've ordered two sets on Nov, 29th. One for me, one for my friend. they have been shipped together. Mine has no teeth, the other one has. ;)

Get outta here! You serious?!

They already reprinted them??? 

What about the loyal fans that ordered this set on the first day? They're now getting punished? 

1 hour ago, lemoncurd said:

Mine has no teeth, the other one has. ;)

Why did you give him the one with teeth? Everybody knows the one without teeth will be a hard sought Collector's Item and will be much more worth!

What kind of friend are you? ;)

16 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Get outta here! You serious?!

I am.

16 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

What about the loyal fans that ordered this set on the first day? They're now getting punished? 

the 29th was the first day! ;) and I'm a loyal fan.

11 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Why did you give him the one with teeth? Everybody knows the one without teeth will be a hard sought Collector's Item and will be much more worth!

just didnt open it. I would've been annoyed about receiving a not-sealed one. ;) 

Not at all surprising that they're onto a second pressing. I wonder if they pressed 3000, and have now done the remaining 2000.

That said, it's a shame that eventually this will be sold out. Feels like it's a release that should always be in print.

8 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

That said, it's a shame that eventually this will be sold out. Feels like it's a release that should always be in print.

Well, even LLL's A.I. hasn't sold out yet...

Pretty sure 99,99999999% of the world population couldn't care less about this JP release.

But for the 0,00000001% that do care, it's an absolute dream come true! :)

2 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

TLW alone makes this a very sought after set.

I wonder how many sets are still left....

If I had to guess, I'd say around 1,500. 

MV posted on FSM they've sold 3200 copies.

Dang. Finally got around to listening to the whole set and discovered I have a defective disc #3. 
Hopefully they're still sending replacements...

Is this a systemic error or just a one off?

3 out of 3200 thus far.

Kinda like a Golden ticket.

;)

MV

Not bad.

I think the orders must be slowing down at this point. The die hard fans and the serious soundtrack collectors have put in their orders. 

I'd say in two months at the latest it'll be sold out.

2 hours ago, Rose Dawson said:

It was nice to get this out of the way, but where the hell are the Indiana Jones and Star Wars prequel trilogies, the E.T. Adventure and Titanic?

Indiana Jones won't happen until Concord's licence expires (if it hasn't already) and Disney Records can put the release out themselves. We'll most likely see traction in 2019 with Indy 5. Hopefully they won't just re-release the existing set (pitch issues, incorrect tape speed transfers, alternates in place of film versions) plus KOTCS was never expanded... not that anybody's losing sleep over that one after the Crystal quality sessions leaks.

Similarly, Star Wars won't happen until Sony's licence expires (most likely in 2019) and Disney Records can release them. The latter two prequels were digital recordings so will be easier to assemble but the OT desperately needs a top-to-bottom remaster before the tapes are lost to time (concerning that they can't be found, to say the least). The recent vinyl set remaster was a fresh reminder of just how amazing the OT scores could sound with modern tape transfers at digital high resolution -- the current sound quality of ROTJ is miserable by the end -- the Anthology set from 1993 sounds better, which fortunately has about 1h:46m of music from ROTJ.

E.T. might happen sooner rather than later, if Jurassic Park is any indication of MM's relationship with Williams/Spielberg/Amblin/Universal. Whether the Adventure material is included or not will probably come down to Williams approving it.

Titanic is definitely overdue. How much is still missing after the two releases thus far (even though the second release was mostly source music and alternate takes)? Did they re-release for the 100th Anniversary with any new music?

They haven't released any additional music from the actual score since a couple tracks on Back to Titanic. We're actually missing a great deal. Many of the tracks heard on the OST aren't the film versions and beyond that, the score is loaded with unreleased music. A complete chronological Titanic would be a dramatically different listening experience.

2 hours ago, Rose Dawson said:

It was nice to get this out of the way, but where the hell are the Indiana Jones and Star Wars prequel trilogies, the E.T. Adventure and Titanic?

Lucasfilm won't license those titles to LLL. No way in hell.

I can see LLL doing an expanded Titanic release, probably to coincide with its 20th anniversary this year.

2 minutes ago, Matt C said:

Lucasfilm won't license those titles to LLL. No way in hell.

I can see LLL doing an expanded Titanic release, probably to coincide with its 20th anniversary this year.

Would love to hear Titanic 

Anyone else still NOT received their package? I've send an email a week ago to LLL but still no answer. 

I've checked the card and the payment registers as received, but the status is still stuck at will ship 2-3 days from now more than a month ago. So... What else can I try? Any particular mail adress that is guaranteed to answer? 

LLL was on vacation starting Dec 20, only just returning to the office yesterday.  They probably had a lot of shipping and emails to catch up on - I'd try emailing them again freshly today

7 hours ago, Muad'Dib said:

Anyone else still NOT received their package? I've send an email a week ago to LLL but still no answer. 

I've checked the card and the payment registers as received, but the status is still stuck at will ship 2-3 days from now more than a month ago. So... What else can I try? Any particular mail adress that is guaranteed to answer? 

I still don't have it either. Also wrote to LLL yesterday. It was sent out by them, then got lost in transit.

... aaand, just received an email from LLL that the package cleared German customs today. After a month. But whatever, cross your fingers that it'll arrive tomorrow, so that I can have my second Christmas :-). Finally.

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Post from the US has been a nightmare in December. A package i was supposed to receive before Christmas was stuck in a sorting depot in Newark for 9 days.

That's why I don't get stuffed shipped around the holidays! 

18 hours ago, Muad'Dib said:

@Muad'Dib

My package which is Registered is still somewhere in AREA 51 hanger of some USPS base in NY! It had shipped on 16th Dec from SAE and no sign of it even on tracking website,.

1 minute ago, azahid said:

My package which is Registered is sitll somewhere in AREA 51 hanger of some USPS base in NY! It had shipped on 16th Dec and no sign of it even on tracking website,.

Did you look under the Ark of the Covenant in Area 51? They always seem to misplace stuff there. I remember one time they put me on a bus told me not to speak to anyone an........ Neverminid 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

While you're there, pick up the Dracula sessions, please.

I tried that once but they had the box mislabeled and when I opened some stupid sessions to a movie called Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was inside so I just tossed it out.  

1 hour ago, dillweed97 said:

Did you look under the Ark of the Covenant in Area 51? They always seem to misplace stuff there. I remember one time they put me on a bus told me not to speak to anyone an........ Neverminid 

dillweed97, do you realize what the John Williams Jurassic Park Collection is?  It's a transmitter. It's a radio for speaking to God. And it's within your reach.

Image35_un!routofthelight.jpg

You want to talk to God? Let's go see him together, I've got nothing better to do.

I hear he lives in Hollywood somewhere. Perhaps that kid and his music teacher could tell us since they played that impromptu trumpet duet on his front lawn.