Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

For Jurassic Park, the irony is that, although the moniker "film version" appears for legal reasons, there actually is a film version with an extra synth line at the beginning of "Incident at Isla Nublar". Fingers crossed that they include it!

11 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

If you can afford it it's worth it. The Lost World OST isn't even easy to come by at a reasonable price and a lot of the discs are damaged due to a stupid packaging design. This set is worth it!

I got the DVD box-set edition which came with both films and their soundtrack albums to commemorate the release of JP on DVD. I was an idiot one day and tried to rip the CD for TLW without realizing my disc drive was stuffed, so it put a few scratches in the disc. DOH! I didn't know TLW was so hard to come by.

Finished my spreadsheet to include The Lost World

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQVQ3-6XtN44Izw8DdfPboJ3UlFcCaRJLSd4IUkptki45UkHHYFMK65v59Wc5QhpIzsW_mTNCvTIXyd/pubhtml

No surprises there, except that they chose to combine 9m2 with 9m3/10mA into one track, I can't remember if they do in the film or not

17 minutes ago, Corellian2019 said:

For Jurassic Park, the irony is that, although the moniker "film version" appears for legal reasons, there actually is a film version with an extra synth line at the beginning of "Incident at Isla Nublar". Fingers crossed that they include it!

You really think Matessino would leave off something like that?

(EDIT: Then again, he could always know about it, then JW asks him to revert to the album version, I suppose)

Amazing news!!

The Lost World is a major significant holy grail for me. Although any expanded release of a Williams score from the specialty labels is very welcome, I was always slightly disappointed when previous announcements of releases didn't include TLW. I really didn't expect today's announcement to include TLW and thought we would probably have to wait until Jurassic World 2 for the next best opportunity.

I watched the movie a few months ago and there are so many great moments omitted from the OST. Can't wait.

Here's a list of all the track titles on the LLL set that are different from what Williams' originally named them, in case you want to use them for your personal files

Jurassic Park

1-05 Journey To The Island = To The Island / The Dinosaurs / The Entrance Of The Park

1-12 Ailing Triceratops = An Ailing Monster

1-14 Dennis Steals the Embryo = Dennis Steals the Embryos

1-15 Race to the Dock = The Trouble With Dennis

1-20 Life Finds a Way = Eggs In the Forest

2-01 System Ready = (the sheet music contains no title, this could be Williams' title for all we know)

2-02 To the Maintenance Shed = Preparing To Meet The Monster

2-05 The Raptor Attack = Into The Kitchen

2-06 T-Rex Rescue and Finale = March Past The Kitchen Utensils / T-Rex To The Rescue

2-07 Welcome to Jurassic Park = End Credits

2-09 Stalling Around = Cartoon Demonstration

The Lost World

3-05 The Stegosaurus (Extended Version) = The Stegosauras / Finding The Baby

3-06 Fire at Camp and Corporate Helicopters = Fire At Camp / Corporate Choppers

3-07 The Hunt = The Round Up

3-11 In the Trailer = Up In A Basket (Part II)

3-12 On the Glass = Pain of Glass

3-13 Rescuing Sarah (Extended Version) = Truck Stop

3-16 The Compys! = The Compys! / The Compys Dine

4-01 Ripples = Rialto Ripples

4-02 The Long Grass = Steiner In The Grass

4-03 Finding Camp Jurassic = After The Fall

4-08 The Wrecked Ship = Wompi’s Wrench

4-10 Visitor in San Diego (Extended Version) = A Neighborhood Visitor / Streets Of San Diego

4-12 Tranquilizer Dart = The Saving Dart

Just now, BloodBoal said:

If I may... Um, I'll tell you the problem with the musical power that you're using here, it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You listened to what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you're selling it, you wanna sell it!

Twenty-three years is fast? I'm glad they didn't take their time. 

46 minutes ago, petaQ said:

Gee, I hope Thor chooses to embrace this release. 

Not personally, no. But I see that it means a lot for many of you, so I'm just going to sit back in silence....for now.

What I can say, though, is that JURASSIC PARK is my alltime favourite score. :)

36 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Was 'the Lost world (alternante)' released partially? Or is It a typho?

Definitely not a typo.  It's just a 14 second new opening that segues to the rest of the original track, after all.

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

Not personally, no. But I see that it means a lot for many of you, so I'm just going to sit back in silence....for now.

What I can say, though, is that JURASSIC PARK is my alltime favourite score. :)

It must suck having principles that are more important than embracing your favorites. Cheers. 

Just now, Selina Kyle said:

Is that what you hear in the film's end credits?

Yes Williams re-recorded that special 14 second opening for the end credits version of the TWL theme.

Just now, JohnnyD said:

By the way, there needs to be a spelling correction for the announcement on the main page. "THE LOST WORLD."

You could always PM Ricard to notify him he should correct it.

Seems that they kept most of the old track titles if possible for this release and changed some of the original cue titles, which of course is understandable. Shame that such classic witty cue names as "March Past the Kitchen Utensils" (a nod to Vaughan Williams' music for the Aristophanes' play The Wasps) and "The Trouble with Dennis" (a reference to Hitchcock/Herrmann collaboration The Trouble with Harry) and TLW's "Steiner in the Grass" or the mysterious "WOMPI Wrench" are not among them. :P

5 minutes ago, Selina Kyle said:

I do think this is overpriced, but whatever.

Nah. Worth the price to me at least. Not that I would mind it being cheaper of course.

3 minutes ago, Selina Kyle said:

I do think this is overpriced, but whatever.

Definitely. That's $15 per disc, which is a crock. Almost enough to make me just download it without paying, like I did with the digital only release in 2013. 

Almost. 

It would have been nice if the JP set were split like the BHC albums, but then LLL wouldn't be able to price gouge the fans. Sixty for two scores equals $30 per film, versus two separate BHC scores at $20 per film. 

Eh, JW needs the money more than Harold F anyways, right? 

They probably had to do a combine of the releases maybe due to it being a contract thing.  $60 for the set IS a fair price.  $30 for a 2-CD set is practically the normal price these days.  Bitching about it aint going to help it.  If you are really that irritated about the price of the set then don't fucking buy it.  Quit pissing on everyone else' enjoyment.

1 minute ago, petaQ said:

Sixty for two scores equals $30 per film, versus two separate BHC scores at $20 per film. 

2CD sets vs 1CD releases.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

You really think Matessino would leave off something like that?

(EDIT: Then again, he could always know about it, then JW asks him to revert to the album version, I suppose)

Thanks for moving my post, Jason, I posted in the other thread before realizing this one was created. I guess we'll have to hear samples of the new track or just buy the actual CD to find out for sure.

20 minutes ago, Incanus said:

or the mysterious "WOMPI Wrench" are not among them. :P

I'm betting that this was originally WOMPI's Wreck on the sketch, then the joke makes sense.  Sort of.

1 minute ago, Jim Ware said:

I'm betting that this was originally WOMPI's Wreck on the sketch, then the joke makes sense.

Do you happen to know what WOMPI stands in this title because the wreck makes perfect sense considering the scene.

1 minute ago, Incanus said:

Do you happen to know what WOMPI stands in this title because the wreck makes perfect sense considering the scene.

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/WOMPI

Maybe they were known for raucous parties?  Or eating men alive?