Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

1 minute ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Overpriced is the shipping fees of these labels. That high price and no tracking-package

LLL (and Intrada) always give me a tracking number.

7 minutes ago, Jim Ware said:

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/WOMPI

Maybe they were known for raucous parties?  Or eating men alive?

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Women of the Motion Picture Industry?

I guess that is some really obscure inside joke. :)

3 minutes ago, Jim Ware said:

LLL (and Intrada) always gives me a tracking number.

Yup. Same here. But the shipping fees are rather expensive none the less to the rest of the world.

Stoked and amazed for this release, still! And extremely happy to have it all-but-confirmed that we finally have ALL the music from BOTH films!

However... anyone notice the Rex logo for JP has no teeth in the stock image of the booklet, to the right? LOL Hopefully this isn't the case in the final product!

15181559_10154862904453755_9249440357784

Okay, good to know! I only ask out of concern because this kind of thing has actually happened before on other products for JP, such as this one from Universal Studios. No teeth on the logo (and I have seen these in person without them). I think they only fixed them FINALLY after years recently.

il_570xN.793395117_au5p.jpg

I don't know how this happens, honestly! It baffles me! That's why I feared it may have happened again. It's like there is a corrupt file Universal gives people to use to make products with the logo or something. Just wanted to make sure to catch it now before they print any more booklets.

The thing I cannot believe that this is exactly the kind of set I was thinking of when they did Elfman's Batman set. I just thought to myself: wouldn't it be cool if...?

They should do Williams' Potter 3-score collection next.

Karol

7 minutes ago, crocodile said:

The thing I cannot believe that this is exactly the kind of set I was thinking of when they did Elfman's Batman set. I just thought to myself: wouldn't it be cool if...?

They should do Williams' Potter 3-score collection next.

Karol

I'd rather individual releases for Potter and I think that's most likely. 

Yea I dunno.  Before today I would have assumed that if WB granted LLL a license for the HP scores, they would have given each film its own release.

But now after they combined the Jurassic Parks (and wanted to combine the Bevery Hills Cops), I dunno!

Would they do a 7 disc collection of just Williams?  A box set of all 8 together?  A box set of the first 4, and second box set of the next four?  Hmmm.

I doubt they would do all the scores together, given that Intrada couldn't do the same with Jaws. I think people in Williams' circle didn't want that. I can see why.

Karol 

15 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

I hope to God no one posts this on the Forums, that has to be a sin to commit such a crime.

What?

1 minute ago, Jay said:

What?

I think 'The Forums' is referring to a certain piracy site that rumour has it is currently under investigation and will be forced to shut down soon.

13 minutes ago, Gistech said:

... that rumour has it is currently under investigation and will be forced to shut down soon.

Really? Wow. Hadn't heard that. 

1 minute ago, Will said:

Really? Wow. Hadn't heard that. 

Treat it as a rumour, of course. Apparently that's also why sheeto has been having problems over the past couple of months that have gone unresolved too. If it's true, I'm just surprised it's taken them so long.

TLW could be quite the revelation as I barely listen to the OST, and haven't seen the film for a very long time.

JP will just be endlessly replayed, now that we can listen to all of the highlights separated properly.

This has all yet to fully sink in. Farewell, bizarre and frustrating JW album presentation!

BTW, Jay - I think you've got 2M1 and 5M1 mixed up (timing wise) for the 2013 anniversary edition.

22 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

BTW, Jay - I think you've got 2M1 and 5M1 mixed up (timing wise) for the 2013 anniversary edition.

Thanks, fixed! 

I think crumbs figured it out

10 hours ago, crumbs said:

I wonder if it scored the quick scene with Nedry in the control room, surveying the embryonics surveillance cameras on his computer while Muldoon complains about locking mechanisms on the cars. The scene is only 25 seconds in the final film but maybe the cue overlapped with the next scene (Grant walks down the hill to the Triceratops paddock)?

There's really no other gap in the film for a 50 second cue, barring Malcolm's water droplet test on Sattler.

I'm not really familiar with the unreleased music of TLW, so this will be almost new to me

Still hoping for Harry Potter 1-3 one day. It's frustrating Fantastic Beasts gets a 2. c.d. release right off the bat

i guess us JW fans have a mandatory 20 years wait for expanded releases

The Lost World is the one that I wanted. It needed to be done. As awesome as the album program is, the complete chronological score will be a very different, perhaps superior, listening experience. I can't wait.