The Music Of The Hobbit Films - Doug Adams' Book confirmed by Howard Shore

Bilbo

The Star wars making off ebooks dont work well in PCs, at least the audiovisual "shit".

BTW a digital version of the book...would include the unreleased threatrical versions of the cues, for example. And more rarities than a 70min something CD....

12 hours ago, gkgyver said:

Back to the question, I'd like it if the stuff from the Annotated Scores, that somehow vanished in the transition to the physical book, was included.

Do you mean the e.g. "In the Making" boxes that explained some of the evolution of certain cues and noted the differences between the film version and the OST version (and sometimes the CR version)?

I thought that it was a conscious decision to leave all that stuff out in the physical book and not focus on the "behind-the-scenes" material as far as individual cues were concerned. Perhaps it was also to make the Annotated Scores in some way unique. If I remember correctly Doug's book doesn't actually make mention of the CRs in relation to the book in any way or direct people to the Complete Recordings, which is what the whole track-by-track narrative of the other half of the book is based on.

13 hours ago, gkgyver said:

Back to the question, I'd like it if the stuff from the Annotated Scores, that somehow vanished in the transition to the physical book, was included.

So basically, you want stuff that was only available on a digital format (the material exclusive to the Annotated Scores) to be included... in a digital version of the book?

42 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

So basically, you want stuff that was only available on a digital format (the material exclusive to the Annotated Scores) to be included... in a digital version of the book?

And hopefully more material!

6 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Why should I have to go to two different releases by the same author in order to get all infos when both deal with exactly the same thing, going through the CR tracks one by one?

• 3 months later...

I may well be alive yes, and I appreciate your concern. If I find myself arsed enough I will post in other threads, though I expect you to reply in every instance.

JWfan is perilous indeed, fair and perilous; But there is in here in this land no evil, unless a man bring it hither himself.

On 21/6/2017 at 10:31 AM, BloodBoal said:

He's one of Bilbo Skywalker's other accounts.

I lose track of them and forget to post as some of my other personalities from time to time. 

I am Hitch. Or rather, Hitch as he should have been.

I come back to you now at the turn of the tide 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:53 PM, SafeUnderHill said:

Potential further music and writing releases!

Probably related to this:

http://www.avclub.com/article/warner-bros-settles-lawsuit-jrr-tolkeins-family-257653?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=feeds

With that legal snarl settled to some extent, I'd hope to see the planned CR rereleases, and Doug's Hobbit book, sometime soon.

So, potentially a digital release of the Lord of the Rings book with additional content and the Hobbit book is still in production!

https://twitter.com/DougAdamsMusic/status/883069334117134337

Anyone notice this in one of Doug's replies?  :):D:wub:

A very small teaser but it's better than nothing!  Here's hoping the ball has started rolling again on this project.

Chad

Hehe.  The fake titles for the films were Little Rivers, Medium Rivers, and Big Rivers; It's funny the fake title for the book is River Music

Given the delay, Doug is lucky we don't all band together, write our own book on the music of The Hobbit films and find some unscrupulous (and insane) publisher to do the honours, thus beating him to the punch. All we'd have to do is substitute names, places and events so WB couldn't do anything about it.