Non-Williams TV Sports (and News) Music

Will

Before I discovered Williams, I was into sports (and some news) TV cues. 

For example, this:

or this...

Etc. There were so many that I loved. Those are just two random ones. This largely relates to my fascination with sports at the time. I loved watching it, and I always felt so excited when the TV networks opened their broadcasts, the voiceover with the aerial shots of the stadium and the booming music. 

This was also where I was introduced to the concept of "unreleased music." For example, while ES Posthumus's great CBS Masters golf theme is available on YouTube...

... what I really enjoyed was a certain bumper that they played every year that was completely unreleased. I didn't have any idea how to rip from TV or do any sort of editing so I was only ever able to listen to it once a year! Despite that, I still found it stuck in my head occasionally!

So, I'm starting this thread for a few reasons:

1) If you have some information about this unreleased music or anything else related to this subject (sports and news American TV music), contact me! @thx99, what about you?

2) If any of you are actually a fan of this stuff, share your thoughts!

3) If you're not, try it out! It may not satisfy the most orchestrally minded of you, but some might like it. 

I might post some more examples of the ones I like later. 

(Oh, and I must add that my Williams fandom started with sports TV music -- Olympics! ... as well as NBC Nightly News)

EDIT: An example of great non-Williams TV news music -

Oh, WOW, there are so many, it'd be impossible to mention or discuss them all, but here are a few non-Williams Olympic-related bits:

• David Arnold's music for the 2012 Summer Olympics:
Spoiler

• The Official Album of the 1984 Summer Olympics includes pieces composed by Bill Conti, Philip Glass, and Quincy Jones, in addition to the premiere recording of Williams' "Olympic Fanfare & Theme":
Spoiler

That's a start!

Here's the voluminous NFL Films music library, composed by the legendary Sam Spence, David Robidoux, Tom Hedden, and others:

https://www.apmmusic.com/search/[{"field"%3A"library"%2C"value"%3A"NFL Music Library (NFL)"%2C"operation"%3A"must"}]

4 hours ago, Gnome in Plaid said:

Great music?  No, not really, but damn if the old MLB on Fox theme wouldn't get stuck in my head for days at a time.

Oh yeah that's a great one. 

4 hours ago, Gnome in Plaid said:

Great music?  No, not really.

Well, let's put it this way: It's certainly not any less great than any "pop music." Sure, it's not as orchestrationally complex as Williams music, but I've always loved it. 

:rock:

And something a little more orchestral...

7 hours ago, Will said:

I found a neat version on youtube ages ago that was a high school or youth orchestra playing a fully orchestrated version of the CBS NCAA theme and it sounded great.  Sadly, I can't find it again.

12 hours ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

It's not an original composition but this is the first and last word on the subject. All other opinions are wrong. 

I thought I made myself plain.

This composition by Last is the last word on the sunbject. 

We hardly have much in terms of sports music (for TV broadcast) here in Norway. Usually just an electronic jingle or some such thing. The Americans are really the ones who go all out with these massive orchestral recordings and themes for such coverage.

But I really like what Röyksopp did a couple of years ago, when they revampled the Norwegian news vignettes:

I'm also reminded of the excellent stand-up bit (which you've probably seen) with Bill Baley comparing American news themes (specifically John Williams' "The Mission") with the British equivalents. Unfortunately, I can't find it on Youtube.

On 11/28/2016 at 11:19 PM, Stefancos said:

This is not music that has any intellectual credibility!

I feel I must shield myself against its relentless assault on my senses!

I grew up with pop music, okay? :P