Cues of the Year

Alex

As we're slowly approaching the end of the year, I was just wondering what you guys' favourite cues are from 2016? Are there any hidden gems that people may have missed?

Mine are as follows:

"Meet the Pets" - Alexandre Desplat

"The Light Between Oceans" - Alexandre Desplat

"To Giant Country" - John Williams

"Relieve Him of His Wand / Newt Releases the Thunderbird / Jacob's Farewell" - James Newton-Howard

"Main Titles - Jungle Run" - John Debney

"Mowgli Wins the Race" - John Debney

"Alice" - Danny Elfman

"The Battle of the Legends" - Lorne Balfe/Hans Zimmer

"Strange Days Ahead" - Michael Giacchino

"Meet the Sisters!" - Dario Marianelli

"10 Cloverfield Lane" - Bear McCreary

"Pee-wee's Morning Routine" - Mark Mothersbaugh

If this topic has already been started somewhere, feel free to delete this and point me in the right direction!

Might be a bit premature as there's a new Star Wars score out in two weeks by a much loved/hated composer that'll surely figure into a few people's lists .

Jau usually does a big end of year thread with a few different  categories anyway doens't he? 

If we're talking specifically cues used as part of the storytelling and not end credits suites, then I gotta put in a mention for "To Giant Country" from The BFG, the Williams score only a few of us seem to like.  It's a brilliant cue and used really well in the movie from what I remember.

I haven't yet made a list of this. But I have several, and it's a mix of traditional orchestral picks (like those in the first post) and more alternative/electronic affairs. Probably with emphasis on the latter.

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Anything from The BFG. Can't recall any other film music this year.

Wait, are you serious, or are you mocking me? :P

While i might add this the score proper sadly didn't do too many things (musically) with its isolated sound design ideas (too much Inception-brrrraaammm anyway). Johannsson really would have needed the Richter spots to make his more ambient moments really count.