Sign in to follow this  
Max

Michael Giacchino's Coco (2017)

What's more likely:

Giacchino was hired to compose this score without any kind of announcement, despite the fact that the composers for the next two Pixar films AFTER this one were announced

or

Someone had fun with photoshop

Awkward story I haven't told anyone before:

I was in Krakow last year, and I know many of the guys running the show. Anyway, I went up to one of the festival people to say hello before the composer Q&A, and I noticed she was talking to someone. So I had to be introduced to her. She introduced herself as "Maria Giacchino" (Michael's sister). I politely said hello, but for a few moments there, I was worried that she had read any of my scathing critique of her brother online. Fortunately, it seemed she hadn't. So I got away. This time. :) 

1 hour ago, kaseykockroach said:

I'd rather Junkie XL take the project. Reading people bash him is more fun than reading Giacchino bashing. :P

Tom is a really excellent musician all around, and I'd love to see him get more diverse projects that allow him to show off in different ways.  If it stops the Giacchino spread, all the better.

Even as someone who likes Giacchino fine (I like Zootopia and Jurassic World enough to own the albums), I'd like a little variety as well. I mean, good lord, why the hell is BOLT Powell's only Disney movie? That's just not fair. 

Thank you, BB.  It would be nearly impossible that he hasn't been offered cartoons at various points in his decades upon decades as the most popular living film composer, so clearly he's turned them all down.

3 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

The former had Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, Robert Folk and David Newman! Isn't that good enough for ya? 

But the point was that those movies were worthy of John Williams! Well, to be more precise, a few of Bluth's works. Then there's stuff like A Troll In Central Park, The Pebble And The Penguin...

4 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

David is the best Newman, I will hurt you and rape your goldfish's nostrils. 

Who are you exactly?