Michael Giacchino's Coco (2017)

Max

EDIT: It's confirmed!

I guess we should take this with a grain of salt until it is confirmed, but according to this photo, it would appear that Michael Giacchino has already composed the score for Pixar's Coco!

15025184_1820409221515699_12381314957695

I hope this turns out to be true. It could be a colorful score from him!

What's more likely:

Giacchino was hired to compose this score without any kind of announcement, despite the fact that the composers for the next two Pixar films AFTER this one were announced

or

Someone had fun with photoshop

Awkward story I haven't told anyone before:

I was in Krakow last year, and I know many of the guys running the show. Anyway, I went up to one of the festival people to say hello before the composer Q&A, and I noticed she was talking to someone. So I had to be introduced to her. She introduced herself as "Maria Giacchino" (Michael's sister). I politely said hello, but for a few moments there, I was worried that she had read any of my scathing critique of her brother online. Fortunately, it seemed she hadn't. So I got away. This time. :) 

Just now, Stefancos said:

I've spoken to her in Ubeda, years ago.

Yeah, but you haven't made a mission out of telling everyone how much you dislike Michaels' work! :D

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, kaseykockroach said:

I'd rather Junkie XL take the project. Reading people bash him is more fun than reading Giacchino bashing. :P

Tom is a really excellent musician all around, and I'd love to see him get more diverse projects that allow him to show off in different ways.  If it stops the Giacchino spread, all the better.

Even as someone who likes Giacchino fine (I like Zootopia and Jurassic World enough to own the albums), I'd like a little variety as well. I mean, good lord, why the hell is BOLT Powell's only Disney movie? That's just not fair. 

Thank you, BB.  It would be nearly impossible that he hasn't been offered cartoons at various points in his decades upon decades as the most popular living film composer, so clearly he's turned them all down.