Your Top 15 Films, 2010-2015

Disco Stu

1 hour ago, Hurmm said:

How do you come up with a list like this? There would be massive number of movies I just can't think of if it's just off the top of my head. Do you go to some wiki page that lists every single movie of every year and create the list from there? 

Personally, I have two lists on MUBI that I continually update -- one with "all films seen in [year]" (which also includes the older films I see for the first time) and then "best films of [year]". I use the latter as reference when I draw up my favourites at the end of the year. As of now, I've seen 93 movies with a Norwegian premiere date in 2017: https://mubi.com/lists/2017-films-ranked. ELLE is in the lead at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Interesting.  I use http://letterboxd.com 

I use both.  Letterboxd I use as a general film log/rating system.  Flickchart actively pits movies against each other, so you end up with a sortable master list of every movie you've ever seen, in order from best to worst!

I'm thinking on this and I keep thinking on movies I haven't seen yet but that call my attention, so making a list of favourites feels a bit unfair. But all lists of favourites would be unfair from that perspective.

Actually I've seen only 71 films from this five year period so I feel it's full of holes and I can't manage to show a range of types of things in a list.

2015: Mad Max: Fury Road, The Martian

2014: Song of the Sea, The Grand Budapest Hotel

2013: The World's End, Pacific Rim, Gravity, Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Rebellion Story

2012: Beasts of the Southern Wild, Blancanieves, Django Unchained

2011: ? I dunno, maybe Vigalondo's Extraterrestrial

2010: Scott Pilgrim vs the World, True Grit

Thanks for recommending those two sites. I'll see if I use it. I used to watch quite a number of movies and kept a manual list on my phone, but those days are over. I watch maybe 2-4 movies a month now and don't keep track at all. 

Bronach, 2011 belonged to Black Swan. 

55 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I use both.  Letterboxd I use as a general film log/rating system.  Flickchart actively pits movies against each other, so you end up with a sortable master list of every movie you've ever seen, in order from best to worst!

I tried Flickchart but it was too much work whittling through everything and I can never keep the rankings consistent, anyway, feels like I just go in circles and some movies repeat more than others. Plus I already went through the whole "search and find every movie I've ever seen" chore when I started on iCheckMovies and I don't think there's an import feature on Flickchart, whereas Letterboxd had free importing for a bit when the IMDb boards shut down, so I was able to throw my ICM stuff over there and then just take an hour or so rating everything.