Lights, Camera... Music! Six Decades of John Williams -- Keith Lockhart conducted CD of rarities

KingPin

Has this been posted yet?  WCRB posted the entire Lockhart concert (Lights! Camera! Music! The Magic of John Williams!) that was used for this album:

http://www.wgbh.org/programs/The-Boston-Symphony-Orchestra-in-Concert-1641?episode=70871&_ga=2.149779443.471834575.1496416282-2069398285.1496416281

AFAIK that's a different concert that occurred after the digital release of the album. They just used the same name as the album, for the concert program.

That's what I thought. Just in time for the weekend, two hours of Williams goodness.

Anyone know how to get the direct download link?

Apologies - I just noticed the recent posts in this thread. I posted the same concert link over in a different thread. 

And, yes, @curlytoot, as I said in that thread, it's from a May 24 concert, not the birthday concert. 

The new Lockhart concert has been documented in my website, as a "Special Tribute" (a section at the end of the Concerts page).

Are we sure it's the concert from the 24th, could it be the 16th one, or a combination of the two?

Lights! Camera! Music! The Magic of John Williams / Lockhart, BPO (Symphony Hall, Boston, MA, 2017-05-24)

March from Superman; Main Title from Heidi; Main Title from Towering Inferno; Devil's Dance from The Witches of Eastwick; Stargazers, from E.T. (The Extraterrestrial); Concerto for Tuba 3rd movement, Allegro Molto; Flight to Neverland from Hook; Selections from Harry Potter: Aunt Marge's Waltz, Harry's Wondrous World; Theme from The Patriot*; Raiders March from Raiders of the Lost Ark; Main Title from Goodbye, Mr. Chips; Viktor's Tale from The Terminal; Suite from The BFG; Princess Leia's Theme from Star Wars; Throne Room and Finale from Star Wars; Stars And Stripes Forever (Sousa); Selections from The Force Awakens*: March of the Resistance, Rey's Theme, Scherzo for X-Wings. *Excerpts from the "Lights! Camera! Music! The Magic of John Williams" album. Broadcasted on wgbh.org (2017).

http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/concerts.htm

6 minutes ago, Miguel Andrade said:

It's the 24th. Lockhart even mentions that it coincides with the release date of the CD.

Thanks, I listened it quicky, just to grab the track list.

10 hours ago, Jay said:

Some nice pictures inside of both JW and KL conducting the Pops, some pictures of various Pops musicians, other pictures of JW and KL, and a great picture of both of them together, probably from the 80s (they both look so young!)

Having not received my copy yet ;), I'm guessing that the old picture of Lockhart and Williams comes from around 1995, when Lockhart took the helm of the Boston Pops.

19 hours ago, Jay said:

I finally took the shrinkwrap off and looked through this album today.

The booklet indicates that Midway, Dracula, and the Force Awakens suite were recorded on May 26-28, and everything else was recorded April 7-8.

Some nice pictures inside of both JW and KL conducting the Pops, some pictures of various Pops musicians, other pictures of JW and KL, and a great picture of both of them together, probably from the 80s (they both look so young!)

The booklet contains a nice little write-up about John Williams' work by Alex Ross.  This is followed by 4 brief sections by an uncredited writer: a summary of the various cues on the album and where they came from, a bit about Keith Lockhart, a bit about John Williams, and a bit about The Boston Pops.

Then every musician is listed, and the credits are at the end.

CD sounds nice in my car!

Any chance you could please post a large scan of the back Jay, I would like to create my own jewel case inlay tray for the download option. Many thanks.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

I don't own a scanner, unfortunately

Thanks for replying, Jay. A large digital photo would work too, if you could?

Otherwise, could one of the other JWFANers who have this CD please post a scan of the back cover?

When I bought a computer 6 years ago it came with a middle-of-the-line printer that was also a scanner.  It seems like that's the norm, especially if you bought one within the last few years.  Truth be told, I rarely use the printer or scanner myself, so not having one doesn't seem that weird.  When I need something I usually just print things at work.

6 minutes ago, nightscape94 said:

When I need something I usually just print things at work.

This

I have a printer with a flatbed scanner. I didn't want it to be a slave to needing to buy ink, but it was a gift. I also print things at work, but I'm glad when I was job hunting last year that I had a printer, to avoid going to Staples. 

On 08/06/2017 at 8:47 AM, Miguel Andrade said:

Having not received my copy yet ;), I'm guessing that the old picture of Lockhart and Williams comes from around 1995, when Lockhart took the helm of the Boston Pops.

I can now confirm that the picture is from 1995.

I'll try to make a custom back cover during the weekend. I do have a scanner (two actually, one of them being a larger one with a A3 sized scanning area), and will start working on it later this evening.

As for printing, people in charge of schools around here are not happy that you use the work printer/photocopier for personal use, something I quite understand. I'm sure no one would complain if I asked to have some stuff scanned (though I've seen the miserable  quality those usually come with) or even that I had a page or two printed, but I rather not, so no one puts me together in the same group with those who try to have a 500 page book copied...

On 08/06/2017 at 5:37 PM, JTWfan77 said:

Any chance you could please post a large scan of the back Jay, I would like to create my own jewel case inlay tray for the download option. Many thanks.

Here you have a back inlay:

lights%20camera%20music%20back_zpsqw41lt

3 hours ago, Miguel Andrade said:

You're welcome.

Any chance you could do one for Spielberg / Williams Collaboration Vol. 3? 

• 2 weeks later...

So the cd is out for sale tomorrow 23rd officially at Amazon.com US. Amazon UK and others still doesn't have it but only as a download. Strange.

I preordered months ago on Amazon US, and am still getting a status of

"Pre-ordered:  Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

I'm hopeful that it will be tomorrow, but maybe the release date is changing, or they haven't gotten their stock.

My CD arrived this past Tuesday (the BSO gave a complimentary copy for every two tickets purchased to the April 7 & 8 concerts).

Very much!  It really is a great compilation showcasing Williams' entire career.  I personally might not have chosen Goodbye, Mr Chips, since it's not really a true Williams composition,  but since arrangements and adaptations were such a big part of his career in the 60's and early 70's, I really can't complain. The performances, as always with the Boston Pops, are absolutely top-notch.  My favorite tracks are Heidi, Men of the Yorktown, Sleepers, and Dance of the Witches.  The Suite from The Force Awakens is also superb. I'm so glad they included the concert version of The Jedi Steps!

This album is a great companion to Spielberg/Williams III, even with the duplicate Viktor's Tales.  

Mine is now listed as "Preparing for Shipment," which is not exactly what I had in mind for release day when I preordered from Amazon, but at least it's movement!

Amazon.ca bunch of idiots.

I cancelled my pre-order that I made May 11th, because they just changed their expedition date to August 4!!! It wasn't there when I pre-ordered in may!

Goshh, I re-ordered on their market place, and I will receive it between july 12-19.

Ridiculous!!!!

I'm in Canada holly shit, I don't live in the north pole!

And I just passed the last 10 minutes with their customer service, and they had nothing to tell me.

I'm in a fury. GRRRR.

2 hours ago, azahid said:

Its 2-3 weeks every where...but why?

I can't explain it and the customer service could not too. So it's faster for me to order on the marketplace than directly with Amazon.ca.

That was the last time I pre-ordered a CD from them! It's not the first time they change their expedition date afterward.

My little finger says to me that before long, we'll miss physical CD stores...