KingPin

'Lights, Camera... Music! Six Decades of John Williams' Keith Lockhart-conducted CD of rarities coming June 23 (Digital release: May 19)

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Have you been to many rehearsals and subsequent recordings/performances to judge the veracity of this position?

 

Some, like Goldenthal rehearsing the orchestra before the Krakow concert a few years ago. Even more theatre rehearsals and performances, including my own. Even at the very last stage of rehearsals, there are big differences. If not on a technical level, then on a passionate level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one in Europe is a soccer player!

 

As for Thor. If this link is accurate, it isn't quite the way you described it.

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tufte_IL

 

I've been following football all my life and there's not a lot about Thor that screams "famous footballer"

 

I could be wrong of course. But "16 nerds learning to play football"...yeah that sounds like Thor, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that is sorta correct. Although I was the only one who was at the very least decent, having played a few years for the local club where I grew up. In addition to my film music interest (the "nerd" aspect), they said they cast me because they needed someone to score goals. Which I eventually did. But a professional football player I was not!

 

He, he...didn't expect that to be brought up in the Keith Lockhart thread. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I can't get the image of you and the referee having a discussion about the offside rule out of my head!

 

Ref- You were offside.

 

Thor- I wasn't

 

Ref- Yes you were, you were in front of the defender when the ball was passed.

 

Thor- That's not offside.

 

Ref- Yes it is.

 

Thor- Thats the definition many people use, but I've always preferred my own.

 

Ref- It's the definition of both the Norwegian football league and FIFA!

 

Thor- I know, but I don't agree thats what offside is.

 

Ref (draws red card)- please leave the field!

 

Thor- I personally prefer a blue card!

 

Ref- ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazon has new artwork for this album:

 

LCM.jpg

 

 

Can't say I like it....very bland....I much prefer the original one with Williams and Lockhart together.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt S. said:

Amazon has new artwork for this album:

 

LCM.jpg

 

 

Can't say I like it....very bland....I much prefer the original one with Williams and Lockhart together.

 

Very cheesy, but in a fun retro-80s sort of way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matt S. said:

Amazon has new artwork for this album:

 

LCM.jpg

 

 

Can't say I like it....very bland....I much prefer the original one with Williams and Lockhart together.

 

I want Williams' back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Incanus said:

I want Williams' back!

Yes, the previous one was far better. Somebody didn't like the picture and wanted it to go without the pic. But where is the track list. It should be up by now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Incanus said:

I want Williams' back!

 

13 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Funny!

Thank you. ;)

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jedi Steps concert version!

 

To bad it contains Viktor's Tale since we just got it on Spielberg/Williams III; one of those two albums should have swapped in something else.  Weren't they in communication with each other?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jay said:

Jedi Steps concert version!

 

To bad it contains Viktor's Tale since we just got it on Spielberg/Williams III; one of those two albums should have swapped in something else.  Weren't they in communication with each other?

 

It is possible they were communicating.... didn't JW say in one of the interviews that he WASN'T going to record Viktor's Tale, but Spielberg wanted it?

 

Of course, that album was recorded in the fall, so you're right, he could have given Lockhart a call and asked him to pick something else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder, did Keith Lockhart ever perform the full TFA suite last year?  Or will these performances be the Williams-conducted ones from his Film Night appearances?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Matt S. said:

I wonder, did Keith Lockhart ever perform the full TFA suite last year?  Or will these performances be the Williams-conducted ones from his Film Night appearances?

 

I believe he did, in the same concert as the Midway and Dracula pieces (but the TFA bit was left out of the radio broadcast). 

 

Great that we're getting Jedi Steps! (which has to be Lockhart-conducted, since Williams never did it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like it'll be a great album. So happy it has the full TFA suite!!

 

Surprised I haven't seen someone pop in to complain about 25% of the album being given over to Star Wars music.  Where are you Thor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt S. said:

 

It is possible they were communicating.... didn't JW say in one of the interviews that he WASN'T going to record Viktor's Tale, but Spielberg wanted it?

 

 

Yup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, azahid said:

Any ideas if the cd will be issued early for the Boston Pops concert attendees on May 17th?

 

Well, that was the original plan and also the date listed on the Soundtrack.Net page.

 

It should be noted, however, that the "general" release date has been postponed to June 23 according to Amazon and other retailers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that looks like a great track list! Nary a usual suspect in there! Awesome to get some of these previously unrecorded concert suites (e.g. Stargazers from E.T., Sleepers, Heidi and Goodby Mr. Chips) and of course the Force Awakens Suite. Cool beans!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ricard said:

 

Well, that was the original plan and also the date listed on the Soundtrack.Net page.

 

It should be noted, however, that the "general" release date has been postponed to June 23 according to Amazon and other retailers.

 

The  same Titled Concert program is scheduled for 17th May and its pretty much the same concert program as the previous one. So I suspect the original date is for the cd to be given to the concert attendees. If that is the plan its possible they might retain an exclusive cd with the previous Williams Lockhart picture cover? Hmmm...

 

2 hours ago, Incanus said:

Well that looks like a great track list! Nary a usual suspect in there! Awesome to get some of these previously unrecorded concert suites (e.g. Stargazers from E.T., Sleepers, Heidi and Goodby Mr. Chips) and of course the Force Awakens Suite. Cool beans!

 

Nice list. Glad to see DRACULA and MIDWAY on it along with TFA Suite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

Force Awakens Finale as a separate track? Good!

 

Anyone know what would be in that The Patriot suite?

OST track or something completely different?

 

 

The Patriot appears to be without the Violin solo and the main melody/love theme is basically carried out by the strings. Its a concert version piece and thus different from the OST version but I think it has the extra coda at the end-there was some discussion from someone who attended the concert,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Looks like it'll be a great album. So happy it has the full TFA suite!!

 

Surprised I haven't seen someone pop in to complain about 25% of the album being given over to Star Wars music.  Where are you Thor?

 

Well, ideally I would of course leave off the 'standards' here, but if I'm not mistaken this is the first time the FORCE AWAKENS suite material has been released? If so, that deserves it.

 

Of the other "medium" known titles that Lockhart performed in concert, which were left off the album in the end?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now