Sign in to follow this  
Andreas

Bug report/comments and all other stuff (New webserver)

Everything feels fast and noticeably more responsive on my phone. Fingers crossed! Many thanks Andreas. 

I see on Android, embedded YouTube videos still can't be removed from quoted posts without first going into 'Source' mode and deleting the lengthy code there, but I can't have it all my way I suppose. 

37 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Twice now after posting a reply via the mobile browser has the post i submitted staying in the reply window 

That kind of thing happened to me all the time before the change. I don't think it's a new issue (although I suppose it could be). 

It has frequently happened to me ever since the major update happened months ago that prevented this site from working with Tapatalk. I can write a post but not send it, and when I return to the thread, it's still in the reply box. Or I can send a reply, navigate away, and return to find it still there as if I had not sent it. It's also slightly annoying if I want to quote multiple sources; the first quote prevents others from being attached. Source, select all, delete. I'm used to the workaround. 

Sigh. I said Tapatalk stopped working. I do not care if it is renabled because I have gotten used to its absence. If anything, it's now one less app to have installed on my 2.5 year old phone. 

This Website Does Have A Glitch With regard To SwiftKey On my Android Sometimes. It Treats Each Letter As A New Word, making Autocorrect Useless. I cannot Even Select Words In The Predict Boxes, I just Get The Letters.  It Is Happening Right Now, hence just About Every Word Autocapitalizes.  the Only Workaround Is To Close THe Chrome app And reload It. I have NOt Experienced It On Facebook Or Using BlueMail. 

Now it's back to normal after restarting Chrome. 

Any update from the IPBOARD developers about the persistent and incredibly irritating quotation quirks? Like how beginning a new post in some other thread two days since your last post automatically pastes some dude's quote into the field in a way which is completely irrelevant but which the forum software is convinced you still need? 

On 12/11/2016 at 1:09 PM, petaQ said:

Source, select all, delete. I'm used to the workaround. 

Yeah that's what I often have to do too. Not sure if the update fixed it.

Not a major problem IMO, though.

On 15.12.2016 at 6:14 PM, bollemanneke said:

This doesn't seem to have been brought up, so I'm just letting you know my e-mail notifications don't work anymore.

Reach the mail limit (more then 200 mails/hour) set it to 250.

Is the search engine completely broken now? It can't seem to find anything. No hits, no matter what you type in. I even typed in "John Williams", but no hits.

[Edit: Nevermind. I realized you first have to click the 'looking glass' icon, and THEN search. Searching from the space in the upper right corner gives you nothing, nor the search engine you're taken to once you do.]

Working fine for me.  Make sure you select "All Content" or "Topics" (which really should say "Forums") from the dropdown, instead of leaving it set to "This Topic".

Whenever people post links to things like twitter, then a blue box appears and just keeps growing and scrolling my screen down automatically. I can't read anything any more because it keeps scrolling my phone screen down faster and faster. 

Screenshot_2016-12-31-01-07-45.png

There's nothing wrong with avatars, other than the fact that you don't have one.  In my case, it was just a crappy resolution picture to start with

When you upload a new avatar image, you get to choose which square section of it to be your avatar.  It saves a 240x240 version of that square as your avatar, and displays that image as a 150x150 square under your screen name.  It doesn't downgrade anything.

What Quint could be thinking of is when Andreas changed us from IPBoard 3 to IPBoard 4, the board resampled everyone's existing avatars and a bunch ending up looking like crap, but if you go out and pick a new avatar it doesn't do anything to it.