Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andreas

Bug report/comments and all other stuff (New webserver)

78 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Jay said:

What phone and browser are you using? 

I was using my default browser on my samsung galaxy, but I've just changed it to Chrome and thankfully the problem is resolved.

Hey Jason, any idea why avatar images are coming out at low resolution again? Yours is, for eg. 

There's nothing wrong with avatars, other than the fact that you don't have one.  In my case, it was just a crappy resolution picture to start with

Why would you choose a shitty image? I wouldn't. My last two avatars have had their resolution significantly reduced after adding them. 

The board doesn't lower resolution after selecting them.  I have no idea what you're talking about.

I certainly didn't notice that his avatar had a low resolution.

When you upload a new avatar image, you get to choose which square section of it to be your avatar.  It saves a 240x240 version of that square as your avatar, and displays that image as a 150x150 square under your screen name.  It doesn't downgrade anything.

What Quint could be thinking of is when Andreas changed us from IPBoard 3 to IPBoard 4, the board resampled everyone's existing avatars and a bunch ending up looking like crap, but if you go out and pick a new avatar it doesn't do anything to it.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

When you upload a new avatar image, you get to choose which square section of it to be your avatar.  It saves a 240x240 version of that square as your avatar, and displays that image as a 150x150 square under your screen name.  It doesn't downgrade anything.

If I upload an image to use as an avatar right now, is it normal for it to have its quality reduced once it appears on the site, under my screen name? (or beside it, in mobile view)

Steef's is low resolution, as is yours. Is this to be expected? 

I only ask because I remember avatar images here were generally of very good quality up until recently, but the one I uploaded earlier this evening was visibly inferior to the original copy. 

Hmm, this is making me wonder if mobile Chrome browser is the issue. If it is though, it's attributable to this site - because I have the image in question in an another tab (uploaded to Imgur) and it is displaying in good quality as I would expect it to. It's only when the image is added to this site that its quality becomes significantly reduced. 

Hence this conversation... 

Stefan's avatar is certainly not low resolution.  I have no idea what you're talking about.

6 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Hmm, this is making me wonder if mobile Chrome browser is the issue. If it is though, it's attributable to this site - because I have the image in question in an another tab (uploaded to Imgur) and it is displaying in good quality as I would expect it to. It's only when the image is added to this site that its quality becomes significantly reduced. 

Interesting how everything always ends up being the fault of this website rather than anything else, Lee.

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

@Quint Maybe you should put this image you're talking about in place as your avatar, and we can tell you if it looks weird on our setups?

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

Interesting how everything always ends up being the fault of this website rather than anything else, Lee.

Stop being a prick hovering around commenting in every damn thread with an ounce of action, I'm just trying to figure out the issue I'm having. You're like like a fucking wasp sometimes. 

So I pissed off you AND Jason today?

Result!

I have been noticing scrolling issues on mobile lately, it seems to be connected with embeds. (Youtube, Twitter etc.)

Nevermind, I should have just read last page, and followed leeallen's solution.

Is it me or is this happening more and more now?

IMG_9196.PNG

It's happened to me once or twice in the past month, but simply refreshing the site restores it. Maybe I'm not accessing the site as often as you and I don't see the outages as frequently. 

So you say the problem is I visit the forum too much?

You two should grow up and not bully me!

I get that error all the time, reloading always immediately fixes it so I don't worry too much

Mh, see no errors on the log.

Please report more bugs/errors when you see it.

Update to Invisionboard 4.1.19 done. Changelog (last 3 updates):

https://invisionpower.com/release-notes/

Key Changes

This release focuses on bug fixes and performance. You should see speed improvements. New features include:

• A new moderator setting to restrict users from ignoring moderators.
  • A new group setting to allow members to lock their own content.
  • A new group setting to hide a group from filters in search.
  • When moving content moderators are now prompted for where you want to be redirected after the action.
  • Activity Streams can be created with condensed view as default.
  • An email is now sent when an account is locked for too many bad login attempts.
  • When editing a member in the AdminCP, it will now show how much of their messenger storage quota is being used.

Additional Information

This release contains two stored XSS security fixes caused by:

• Profile cover photos not being properly checked to be valid images
  • Sidebar block titles not being properly escaped (this can only be triggered by moderators who have permission to edit the sidebar)

Key Changes

Fixes the following issues:

• SQL error when adding Commerce package or customer field.
  • SQL error when setting up topic archiving.
  • The ‘show reply’ button in notification popup reloads the page instead of loading content inline.
  • Opting out of security questions may not work.
  • Word filters not applying correctly.
  • Reordering custom profile fields may not work properly.
  • Draft or future blog entries may be included in the sitemap.
  • Rounding issue with half-percentage tax rates in Commerce.

Adds a "More Colors" option to the color dropdown in the editor.

Key Changes

• Fixes upgrade issues in some server configurations (already silently patched).
  • Fixes some AdminCP settings showing the wrong value selected, especially in Spam Service settings/
  • Fixes an error when trying to split a topic.
  • Fixes missing images when setting up Google Authenticator, and an issue which may setup to fail.
  • Fixes broken links on the new Two-Factor Authentication setup page.
  • Fixes missing language string in AdminCP Dashboard warning when site is offline and in image sharer settings.
  • Fixes errors for some communities that have previously converted from other software.
  • Fixes an issue with grid layout on some pages.

41 minutes ago, Andreas said:

New features include:

• A new moderator setting to restrict users from ignoring moderators.

What?

Thanks for your continued support, Andreas. 

It's a pity the new update still doesn't allow the simple deletion of quotes (on Android) without first entering into source mode. I fucking hate source mode. I mean, wtf? 

Or if you quote something and want to type new text above the quote, you need to enter source mode to plant the cursor. Below the text is easier as long as you don't erase the line of text it gives you, otherwise it's erase and start over. 

Yes! 

If you're ever in bed late one night, don't dare reply on here one more time just before you hit the power button on your phone and go to sleep. Because if you fuck that shit up and need to make a quick corrective edit, say to remove an accidental quote, you're screwed. Because that means entering into source mode, and having your fucking wits about you, yo. Before you know it you're wide a motherfucking wake again. 

First world problems!

Don't you know there's still hunger in the world man!

Source mode is anal world problems. They make first world problems look like the famine in Ethiopia. 

They solved African starvation and child death, man!

By writing great songs.