What will likely happen with your JW (or soundtrack) collection if you die?

Josh500

What will likely happen with your JW (or soundtrack) collection if you die?   

26 members have voted

1. 1. What will likely happen with your JW (or soundtrack) collection if you die?

• It will go to a family member (parents, siblings, significant other, children, etc.).
    • It will go to a friend.
    • It will be sold to pay for my debt, funeral expenses, etc.
    • It will be donated.
    • It will be thrown away.
    • I have no idea.

Thrown away, my husband told me!

I told him that I would try to sell a part before dying (if I can!) for not that he remains stuck with that.

If I outlive my parents, one of my siblings will probably sort out my few skimpy belongings -- including the CDs. They'll probably donate it to some library, or at worst throw them away. I doubt they're going to bother selling them, even if they might get a few bucks for it. Of course, if I know I'm going to die, I might give them some instructions/wishes before I pass.

As I'm fairly defaistic, I actually give a fair amount of thought to these issues every day. :)

Well hopefully when I die it's gonna be like 2090 or something and CDs will either be useless trash that my family will throw away or they'll be a cool, retro product and my family will sell/donate them.  Or maybe, just maybe, one of my kids will also be a huge John Williams fan and want to keep them for their sentimental value.  A reminder of dear old Papa.

As for me, I would want my tombstone to have a motion sensor device that triggers "the miracle of the ark". That way when my ghost escapes the coffin, I will be accompanied with a musically appropriate theme.

This may deserve a proper thread... but have you chosed what music will be played at your funerals?

At my funerals, not in a church please, these 3 pieces will play.

The first one at the arrival of people, L'enfance (childhood), a beautiful instrumental piece written by the Québécois singer and author Claude Léveillée.

Bach's BWV 639 in the middle of the ceremony.

And the Finale from The Book Thief at the end.

53 minutes ago, Bespin said:

This may deserve a proper thread... but have you chosed what music will be played at your funerals?

I have thought about it (although I only expect to have ONE!). I have several options, but Williams' "The Face of Pan" from HOOK is a great contender.

2 hours ago, Bespin said:

At my funerals, not in a church please, these 3 pieces will play.

Funerals? How many times will you die? 

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

You get more lives if you're a buddhist?

OK, that's it, I'm converting myself to Buddhism!

Yeah, sort of. The whole reincarnation thing.

I have no idea what will happen with my film score collection.  Practically all but one of my family does not like my type of music.  My brother Mike likes it so he may take some of my scores.

If I am with a girl who loves film scores no doubt she'd want a lot of it but that would remain to be seen.  That is if I am with someone and end up dying before she does because of a complication like heart surgery.

It's possible whatever family member(s) don't take might be sold to help pay for things.  Although I'd probably leave a note saying whatever CDs no one wants to offer them for free to my music friends, just they pay for shipping.  I'd rather them go to a good home then to be sold that is unless my family does need the money.

Knowing at last the bliss that accompanies freedom from the tyrannical jackboot of forced servitude, my collection shall rejoice at its finally-attained independence.  But after a while, it will grow weary of that independence, and it will come to know that its very existence has become hollow and meaningless.  Realizing the cause for this hollowness, it will rip itself to MP3s and then attempt to sell itself on eBay to the highest bidder, who it can only hope will be as just a master as I.

Damned if I know, thrown away or donated probably. My soundtrack collection is beaten only by my book collection and between the two, my room would be notably lighter and less cluttered so as long as they're gone [the soundtracks] then it doesn't matter. No one else I know remotely cares about film music other than my Dad (who is a big John Barry fan since the Persuaders) and I can't imagine he'd want my stuff (all of my Barry scores he has anyway and he's not a fan of Williams et al). And donating...well, I don't know.  

I haven't given much thought to this, and for a good and obvious reason: I don't like thinking about my mortality, but it's an interesting question anyhow.

Luckily I have siblings who enjoy film music, perhaps not as much as I do, but they know how much I love and respect my collection so if I get the chance to bequeath them, they're the first choice. 

Another idea I had was donating them to a library or some place where generations of film score fans can come and share and listen to the music without scouring ebay or bins, which after all is the most important thing about music. All I hope is that the stuff I have treated with care is equally treated as such.

10 hours ago, KK said:

They should all pass to the JWFan Moderators to be stored in the JWFan treasury, who will then pass it to the next moderators.

LeBlanc and Inky will not get my stuff!

It will birn on my pyre with me. Burn! BUUURN!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

latest?cb=20130420051931