The BFG - FYC Album

Jay

3 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

It's actually us that are creating the value, simply by how much we're willing to pay for it (collective 'we' - I wouldn't pay that sort of stupid money) given that it's Williams.

The seller is taking advantage of that however, and for that I hate them.

I was once briefly tempted to buy the Brave FYC, but I already have flacs of it, and the OST. Just couldn't be bothered. There are currently 5 on ebay, going for various amounts. The difference in demand is staggering.

I got my copy of Brave for $12, but I've seen cheaper (and much more expensive). You're right though, the market's all over the place.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The price of this copy, being the first one sold, has already skyrocketed and with 5 days to go it will end over $500, maybe over $600

In the future they will sell for tons less

I picked up a physical copy of the TFA FYC a month or 2 ago for $60

But, I'm not sure if it will be uploaded to Disney's site. They have The Jungle Book FYC CD, but no score page on their site, and Queen of Katwe FYC CD had a ton of unreleased material, yet, Disney only has around 9 cues uploaded.

On 12/17/2016 at 0:23 PM, publicist said:

'Hook' has cohesiveness? Dr. Hook, maybe. The score is a jumbled mess.

I think it's one of the best scores ever written for film. Great themes and brilliant orchestration throughout.

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

Wierd that this is not on the Disney FYC site. I wonder who curates the stuff that gets put on there.

They probably aren't putting much effort into campaigning for The BFG. I doubt Disney expects a nomination (he hasn't received one anywhere else).

True, never thought of that. However, they did go to the effort of pressing a CD (CD-R?) with artwork.

I doubt Rogue One will get nominated either, it ain't exactly the Academy's cup of tea.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 31/05/2017 at 6:09 AM, Bespin said:

So finally, is a "BFG" promo album available somewhere for us to listen?

Nothing yet! Only a few FYC CDs have sold on eBay and it's been months since the last one was listed.

And ultimately, few really care about this score. It's not high profile like a Star Wars FYC.

The problem is people don't even know how much unreleased music is on this FYC; it might just be reinstated microedits.

Liked the score a lot but haven't been compelled to revisit it much.  A complete & chronological release would probably change my mind

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

I really like the OST but from now I'll rarely listen to it.  The suite on the S/W Collab 3 is a great performance and generally satisfies my appetite for the score.

Thing about the revised suite is he cut out my favorite theme :(

5 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

Which one is that...?

(Haven't listened to the new stuff; lack of time...)

5 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

I adore the concert version.  I think the re-orchestrations and additions work well, but it is unfortunate he cut out the theme in question (I don't know its name).  It was a nice theme and made for a nicer transition from what exists there now.  I think Williams worries too much about keeping these pieces short.  A nine minute piece would have been better in my view.

If I remember correctly, I was fairly convinced that it was a theme for the BFG specifically, after significant analysis. 

I think it's because that section really doesn't go into the next in a way that makes sense orchestrally for a concert work.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...