Han Solo movie composer

RuBen_Kenobi

Who you want to do the music of the Han Solo Spinoff?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to do the music of the Han Solo Spinoff?

• Michael Giacchino
    • Mark Mothersbaugh
    • James Newton Howard
    • Alexandre Desplat
    • Hans Zimmer/RC
    • Gordy Haab
    • Other

I'd go for Silvestri, a un-stressed Giacchino (as in not rushed into doing it between two other scores like he was for Rogue One), or an odd choice, but as you have Gordy Haab, why not suggest another who's done Star Wars game scores? So my third choice would be Mark Griskey. I loved his work on TFU.

Does make me wonder if any other 'trusted' composers might've had a more relaxed gap in their schedule to do Rogue. Asking anyone to make a Star Wars score with 4 weeks' notice is going to make anyone stressed.

I certainly think that the inevitable comparisons to JW are unfair, if only for that factor. Gia had 10% of the time JW had.

I suppose that there's little room for Disney to consider any less busy composers because they need the reassurance that they can handle the assignment and come back in four weeks with a serviceable score. I can't see them giving the next one to a video game composer.

29 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

TESB was composed in about 6 weeks. Hardly 10% of the time Gia had.

Yes, but John Williams sure knew that he would be composing that and had ideas between IV and V. Giacchino didn't know he was going to score until 2 months before the movie

I was comparing with TFA too. 4 weeks vs a year.

But anyway, yes, that's the other factor - Williams would've known in advance that the assignment was coming, and how much time he'd have, so he could plan for it. Gia didn't get any of that.

No one is denying that. 

Aliens was a rushed score and is generally regarded as excellent. Krull is a massive score written in 3 weeks. Goldsmith composed Air Force One and First Contact in about 2 weeks each. Albeit with a little help.

• 3 months later...

What do people hate so much about Alexandre Desplat? His scores for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and Part 2 are two of my favorite OSTs of all time. I was disappointed beyond belief when I heard Michael took over the job that Desplat was signed on to for Rogue One. There was an unbelievable number of easily noticeable flaws in Michael's shitty performance in Rogue One, whereas if you look at anything Desplat has done, it is exceptional. He did brilliantly with one of the most anticipated movies of all time(HP and the Deathly Hallows Part 2), so why not trust Star Wars in his hands? If you agree with this, send it anywhere you can think of where it can get attention. Alexandre Desplat deserves to do a Star Wars standalone film.

The movie won't be good, hope that your favorite composer will not score it.

Sincerely.

John Williams will never score a Star Wars spinoff, so I'm okay.

2 minutes ago, Bespin said:

The movie won't be good, hope that your favorite composer will not score it.

You're failing to explain to me what exactly you dislike about Desplat, besides the fact that he is not John Williams. Given that your opinion isn't at all backed up, all you're making yourself look like is a brainless hater and nothing more. Perhaps you could tell me why Alexandre Desplat is not a good choice for a Star Wars stand alone film?

4 minutes ago, Star_Wars said:

You're failing to explain to me what exactly you dislike about Desplat, besides the fact that he is not John Williams. Given that your opinion isn't at all backed up, all you're making yourself look like is a brainless hater and nothing more. Perhaps you could tell me why Alexandre Desplat is not a good choice for a Star Wars stand alone film?

Sorry, I was not talking about Desplats. I was talking about all your favorite composers, whoever they are.

They all are too good to score this shit.

Just now, BloodBoal said:

Why did you remove your baby Mozart comment, Bespin? Yeah, I saw that!

What are you talking about? :sarcasm:

2 minutes ago, Bespin said:

They all are too good to score this shit.

I see what you think of this now. All you think is that this movie is going to suck anyways, so you don't give a shit who composes it?

1 minute ago, Star_Wars said:

I see what you think of this now. All you think is that this movie is going to suck anyways, so you don't give a shit who composes it?

No, I will judge for eternity any composer who will score it.

Blood, you are my best. :)

@Star_Wars The Star Wars spinoff movies are shit. Movies made only for money purpose, no art. It's work for a wannabe composer. No well-known professional composer should approach that.

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « it's a trap »

Very few movies are made for any reason other than business.  If you think otherwise, you should probably stick to reading books.

8 hours ago, Star_Wars said:

What do people hate so much about Alexandre Desplat? His scores for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and Part 2 are two of my favorite OSTs of all time. I was disappointed beyond belief when I heard Michael took over the job that Desplat was signed on to for Rogue One. There was an unbelievable number of easily noticeable flaws in Michael's shitty performance in Rogue One, whereas if you look at anything Desplat has done, it is exceptional. He did brilliantly with one of the most anticipated movies of all time(HP and the Deathly Hallows Part 2), so why not trust Star Wars in his hands? If you agree with this, send it anywhere you can think of where it can get attention. Alexandre Desplat deserves to do a Star Wars standalone film.

The only thing I hate about Desplat is the way his fans feel the need to proselytize about him.

Yes. Doyle's ascension has been verified and confirmed with unsubstantiated sources, and substantiated with unverified confirmed sources, and unconfirmed with substantiated unverified sources.

His terms were that Branagh direct the Obi-Wan movie, "Much Ado About Kenobi".

You forgot a category:

SINCE I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST IN THIS PATRONIZING FAWNING PIECE OF CRAP AND HAVE  NO INTENTION OF WATCHING IT I DON'T CARE WHO WILL SCORE IT BUT AS IT'S DOYLE I MIGHT GIVE THE OST A SHOT

7 hours ago, Godzilla said:

The only Desplat score that was any good was Godzilla.

Listen to the Monuments Men OST and then tell me if you still agree with that statement.

Really?  After Thor, the shitty Jack Ryan movie, and the shitty Cinderella?  No thanks, I'm done with Branagh.

Although, against all hope, I'm looking forward to his Murder on the Orient Express so he has a chance to redeem himself after that string of awful Hollywood movies!

50 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Really?  After Thor, the shitty Jack Ryan movie, and the shitty Cinderella?  No thanks, I'm done with Branagh.

Although, against all hope, I'm looking forward to his Murder on the Orient Express so he has a chance to redeem himself after that string of awful Hollywood movies!

There's nothing wrong w/Branagh's Thor. It's loads better than the sequel, and in fact I'd put it in the upper tier of Marvel films.  From that Phase at least.

I agree about Jack Ryan, however. 

47 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

George Miller would have been the best choice for the Han Solo movie. Everyone knows that.

The best choice for the Han Solo movie would have been no one directing no movie.

8 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Well say "almost everyone" next time!

Don't be pedantic Godzilla.

Almost everyone almost always means "almost everyone" when they say "everyone". Everyone knows that.

2 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Well, obviously, but since that ship has already sailed...

Perhaps not. Maybe they can repurpose it as a GOTG spin off?  Change a few names, make Chewbacca purple, and Bob's yer uncle, it's MCU ready.