The Rogue One Sequel Speculation Thread

I think I read somewhere that they will keep this Emperor unshown until maybe the sequel of this future film! 

I just hope extensive use of those brilliant Giacchino fanfares. That Rogue One title card in particular. It will be hard for Williams to follow the steps of this instant classic.

1 minute ago, Scarpia said:

I think I read somewhere that they will keep this Emperor unshown until maybe the sequel of this future film! 

ANOTHER bloody sequel? Sheesh...Disney is really milking this thing eh?

8 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I loved the realistic opening of Rogue One. Unfortunately I heard that the sequel filmmakers are really overstepping their bounds with some nonsense special effect.

star-wars-opening-crawl.jpg

Why the title card? Is that for people who haven't seen Rogue One?

I don't think Williams can do Giacchino's material justice. He tends to overwrite and create those self-important long-lined melodies that completely that become annoyingly memorable. I don't want to hear those being performed 40 years from now when you can have much more direct and effective material from Gia. Sometimes all you need is a couple of chords to express the most complex ideas and notions and Giacchino is a master of that. He doesn't overcomplicate his music and it therefore goes straight to your heart. Williams might think he's so clever and that he's writing a serious symphonic piece. Silly old git. Shame on you Disney for going with the flavour of the week.

Karol