mrbellamy

RIP Carrie Fisher (1956-2016) & Debbie Reynolds (1932-2016)

268 posts in this topic

I have a bad feeling that they wait after Christmas to tell us her true state. :unsure:

in this case I think no news is bad news

Maybe she's in a coma and waiting a bit to know what to say

Don't look further than FSM to find snarky, self-satisfied comments that her drug problems now have taken their toll. As if some people find deep satisfaction that playing beyond society's accepted rules will be severely punished (by God, preferably).

5 hours ago, Quintus said:

Oh piss off Thor, it's you who is implying the drama here. The woman had a heart attack and suffered very seriously as a result. As of yesterday she was fighting for her life. 

Whoa...talk about drama! What's with the reaction?

Does a heart attack imply that one automatically paints everything in dark colours? Where I come from, a more proper response would be to wish her well and hope for a speedy recovery.

23 minutes ago, Quintus said:

A speedy recovery and well wishing goes without saying. But I accuse you of making light of her situation! 

Quite the contrary. Everyone knows how serious a heart attack like this is. But I don't see the point in extreme pessismism and creating this doomed scenario (which I got from some of the responses above). In fact, that would be considered rather rude over here. I'll let the doctors and Fisher do what they can, staying cautiously optimistic, and then I'll take further bad news if and only if it comes.

19 hours ago, publicist said:

Maybe we aren't even entitled to know about that. I find these celebrity health scares speculation threads sickening anyway.

How holy and classy of you. 

You can't get the public's money without getting the public's interest.  

Ah, the cruel public again. Thank god you are here to give trenchant and insightful analyses on matters of popular culture.

I'm appalled there isn't a live feed straight from her hospital room! 

We have a right to know!

Holy cow, this year is not going well.

This is the fourth death the BBC has reported in two days. Whose do they give greater prominence to? It's horrible.

Lee. I'm glad you made that joke before I was gonna. I guess we could all see it coming, right?

Very sorry to hear this. I had hoped she would pull through. Strange to consider that I saw her on Graham Norton last Saturday, and a week later she's gone.

Damien F likes this

Even stranger that her most famous character appeared in a recent blockbuster film, and the one word she spoke was "hope".

2016 really hasnt been a great year for hope.

Disco Stu likes this