Hah!  That was awesome!

Too bad in the end they didn't line up, but it was so promising before the final reveal!

I have to admire the dedication to the dental restoration of this booklet. Which is much more effort I would or could expend on such a task. Kudos Stefan!

3 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I know Williams did the theme. Downloaded it illegally from Napster in 2000.

What about John Williams' score to Back to the Future? It remains unreleased aside from Napster mp3s.

Now I wonder who designed that Jurassic Park logo, with the dino skeleton. It's a logo for the film but at the same time a logo for the park as well, which the characters can see.

Surely one of the most iconic movie logos of all time.

Your dedication is admirable!

Although, I would have appreciated it more if Famke had a cameo in there.

6 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Now I wonder who designed that Jurassic Park logo, with the dino skeleton. It's a logo for the film but at the same time a logo for the park as well, which the characters can see.

Surely one of the most iconic movie logos of all time.

Indeed it is.

It was created by Chip Kidd, for the original novel!

https://www.inverse.com/article/3717-how-jurassic-park-s-logo-designer-made-dinosaurs-a-brand

He designed the dino skeleton, which is cool enough.

But the iconic logo is this.... along with this unforgettable Jurassic Park font. Makes you think of childhood, adventure, and amazing movie experience just looking at it.

Jurassic-park-2-1024.jpg

19 hours ago, Jay said:

I would hardly call that high res though. And there's something wrong with the blacks. AND the single tooth is still wrong!

Mine looks better!

48 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

You posted your first message since 2007 because of my vid???

It certainly looks that way...

But no, I just came back to the board due to this (wonderful) release. Thought I'd see if I had an account and - lo and behold - I did!

wow, just post this video where LaLaland people can see it and it should be enough to convince them to send replacement booklets immediately

19 hours ago, Nakatomi said:

I have no idea what I just watched, but it looked impressive.

lol

20 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I would hardly call that high res though. And there's something wrong with the blacks. AND the single tooth is still wrong!

Mine looks better!

Yeah weirdly even on the corrected official artwork, the teeth are still misaligned (they're all too low). Some of the spines on the T-Rex skelton don't match the official logo either.

And it has some kind of grey textured background instead of plain black. Hard to see on the printed version but I think it's there.

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

And it has some kind of grey textured background instead of plain black. Hard to see on the printed version but I think it's there.

I thought that too. It's almost as if it was corrected on a bad JPEG. 

How likely is it that LLL would reissue new booklets? I've already requested a new disc 3 because of the issue there but I assume printing a new disc is much cheaper than printing a whole new book.

2 minutes ago, Nakatomi said:

How likely is it that LLL would reissue new booklets?

At this point it is clear that that is not happening.

I doubt they will have to print new discs. A limited number of 5000 means basically thats the amount they will sell. More have been produced to accomodate customers  who recieved damaged discs, lost in transit etc.

Yes all the specialty labels get extra copies pressed for damages, etc.

They are legally allowed to sell exactly 5,000, but are allowed to give our promotional copies outside of that, and replacing damaged discs counts as promotional copies that don't take away from the 5,000 count.

They would have to pay to have corrected booklets printed, unless it was clear that the fault was by the print company alone. And even then LLL would have to ship them to customers etc.

Really not worth it. It's a flaw many people have talked about, but does anyone really care in the end?

Right, which is why I was hoping they'd offer to sell replacement booklets for $5 or something on their website, so those who really want one could fund the costs of them ordering more.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Really not worth it. It's a flaw many people have talked about, but does anyone really care in the end?

and you went through that elaborate process to correct your booklet?

K.M..Who doesn't care