REVIEW (Video): Rogue One, TFA, The Golden Compass, Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Bofur01

Well, for something completely unprepared, it's not that bad. Sure, it's rough around the edges, but given the circumstances, it's understandable.

Here's some advice I'd give for future installments:

- Try to give the show a bit more structure (maybe you could start the video by giving a quick summary of the various OSTs you're gonna talk about, write down beforehand a few things you'd like to mention regarding the score(s) you're gonna talk about...).

- Make sure you prepare the audio samples beforehand (or maybe edit out the part of the video when you're looking for a particular bit in a track). You could also, instead of using your computer speakers to play the audio samples, add the music in post-prod so that the quality is better (though maybe that'll get your video blocked by Youtube, so there is that).

- Try to go a bit more in-depth regarding the music (maybe you could give a bit more context (for example, when talking about a new score in a franchise, talk about the previous scores and what each one brought to the table, and how the new one fits in all this, how it deals with the material that came before...), talk about the themes, the composer's previous output, etc.).

So yeah, there's room for (a lot of ;)) improvement, but I like the enthusiasm displayed here and especially the part at 11:01 when you tell everyone how to listen to music properly! Bravo for that!

Oh, and I quite liked the Golden Compass video game music played here. Was completely unfamiliar with that one, and it sounds really nice. So, at the very least, your show helped me discover that one, and that must count for something!

Will be watching Episode 2, if there is to be one!

When I started my podcast a few years ago, it was painfully bad compared to now. I was awful, the editing was bad, and I sounded like I wasn't prepared enough, so don't worry about it. Stuff like this is all trial and error, and once you find your most comfortable style and you ease into it, and perfect all the little things, it'll be great. 

But I always commend people for doing this stuff because people talking about scores and sharing their observations is extremely important, and the entire point of this site too.