Do you consider music a form of drug?

Josh500

For me, it is, and I've only recently come to fully understand what it actually does to me and what it means to me personally while going through life (only good things, and no side effects). :)

1. It actively elevates your mood and disposition, actively changes it for the better (and sometimes worse). Whenever I feel sad, depressed, or I am generally in a foul mood, music helps. A LOT.

When listening to the right music, I can go from feeling blue to triumphant or happy or ecstatic in an instant (or vice versa, if you listen to a scary or sad piece of music).

2. I have withdrawal symptoms if I go some time without it, say a whole day or two. In other words, it's highly addictive.

3. It's not free, and it's not that cheap, either. Your equipment (depending on how good you want it to be) and the music itself. Also, if you have a special interest like "film scores," it can be very expensive indeed!

So yeah, it's definitely a drug for me. Fortunately, the only drug I consume. :P

51 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

At the same time it's so very obvious that you have.... :D

Do you consider music a form of drug?

Yes. I will use music to elevate or sedate, to energise or to wallow. To be very rooted in my body, or to space out. 

1 hour ago, Prerecorded Briefing said:

I saw this wino eating grapes, I was like "dude, you have to wait."

I was walking down the street with my friend and he said "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work.