Abandoned and Pursued

Melange

8 minutes ago, Quintus said:

This is top 10 all time material for me, always has been. It's earth shattering. 

Rollercoaster ride

13 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

We've got a revolutionary, non-conformist here, daring to discuss John Williams in General Discussion. 

It's an elaborate ruse. So, now that everyone's guard is down and the mood in the room is full of glee.....................

No, it's only about Abandoned and Pursued :)

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

One of my favorite openings to a movie score ever

Openings? 

11 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

May not be a daring opinion, but I do think the score is his greatest work,

A daring opinion according to NeoNeoJWfan!

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

A daring opinion according to NeoNeoJWfan!

We in AltJWFan take a more level-headed approach.  We realize that recognizing the brilliance of his most popular works takes nothing away from his less approachable scores.

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Openings? 

I meant both cues - "The Forest" / "Keyes Arrives" aka "6 Million Light Years From Home" / Abandoned And Pursued" aka "Far from Home" / "E.T. Alone".

The whole 6 minutes of score is just awesome!

I just dared to listen to Adventures on Earth once again, after considerable neglect of a number of years.

It's official, my cold dead heart has been rescued from the jaws of oblivion. 

E.T, I love you. 

Wait a minute...............

Who represents NeoNeoJWFan? Who else beyond Disco Stu adheres to the manifesto of AltJWFan?

We of The Most Ineffable Church of Blessed Nolanism - JWFan Sect wish to convene with you.

2 minutes ago, Prerecorded Briefing said:

Who represents NeoNeoJWFan? Who else beyond Disco Stu adheres to the manifesto of AltJWFan?

We of The Most Ineffable Church of Blessed Nolanism - JWFan Sect wish to convene with you.

tumblr_inline_nzfevykxev1rg0x34_500.jpg

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

I meant both cues - "The Forest" / "Keyes Arrives" aka "6 Million Light Years From Home" / Abandoned And Pursued" aka "Far from Home" / "E.T. Alone".

The whole 6 minutes of score is just awesome!

Abandoned and Pursued is an album track and has never been part of the films opening. I have no idea what you are talking about?

4 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Abandoned and Pursued is an album track and has never been part of the films opening. I have no idea what you are talking about?

That album track is elaborated material from the opening music in the movie. It shouldn't be too hard to agree on this. Sorry, but it's discussions like this that makes this forum sometimes so unappealing to me....

It's Williams at his most Herrmannesque - and it's the first tune i took home from the cinema next to 'Winnetou': not the huge, plushy main theme but the sinister theme for the government forces.

The arrangement on the old 40-minute cd is sublime.

Just now, lemoncurd said:

That album track is elaborated material from the opening music in the movie. It shouldn't be too hard to agree on this. Sorry, but it's discussions like this that makes this forum sometimes so unappealing to me....

Well that escalated quickly.

1 minute ago, lemoncurd said:

Agreed.  Stefan is choosing to be annoying for no reason at all.

Just now, lemoncurd said:

It's not part of the films opening, simple as that. 

Just now, Jay said:

Agreed.  Stefan is choosing to be annoying for no reason at all.

In your opinion!

16 minutes ago, lemoncurd said:

I really love the Darth Vaderesque bit (1:01-1:14) :lol:

How is that Darth Vaderesque?

Just now, publicist said:

Yeh, he drew from that well a lot back then. 

He worked really well in that style too, I think.  He knows how to toe the line to keep from being boring imitation, how to add enough of his own flavor.

40 minutes ago, Richard said:

You would...E.T.

Please, tell only who you must. I don't want to be responsible for a panic. And get to the OST quickly. Don't wait! You...remember what I told you about the OST?