Which Would You Want More: The John Williams Star Wars prequels or Harry Potter Collection?

Josh500

Which do you desire more?   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you desire more?

• The John Williams Star Wars Prequels Collection (6-CD set)
    • The John Williams Harry Potter Collection (6-CD set)

1 minute ago, filmmusic said:

The Star Wars prequels are among the least played osts from my Williams collection.

I doubt if I have listened to them more than 3 times in full.

Then you're certainly the exception. ;)

2 hours ago, filmmusic said:

The Star Wars prequels are among the least played osts from my Williams collection. (along with The lost World)

I doubt if I have listened to them more than 3 times in full.

Welll, of the 3 I've probably listened to EPII the most by a large margin. I don't think I've ever listened to the whole EPIII ST at all, just odd bits and pieces. I really don't get the love for EPIII's music, it's probably my most unliked JW blockbuster score. However, I would love to hear it and the other two in their entirety.

OK, Star Wars is winning the poll. Suddenly.

Somehow the limited edition release of a complete Star Wars trilogy sounds so much more exciting... 

Though, Harry Potter is a very close second, of course.

Star Wars, While yes HP would be nice that recording session leak a few years ago nobody would buy the HP because you would only be doing so for the 3rd movie. Buying Star Wars because well it's Star Wars it has no real good releases.

20 minutes ago, dillweed97 said:

Star Wars, While yes HP would be nice that recording session leak a few years ago nobody would buy the HP because you would only be doing so for the 3rd movie. 

What? I'm sure many people would buy it! They'd probably bundle all three together - it would probably be a limited release and wouldn't sell as much as SW, but I think it would sell about as well as the JP collection!

12 minutes ago, Will said:

What? I'm sure many people would buy it! They'd probably bundle all three together - it would probably be a limited release and wouldn't sell as much as SW, but I think it would sell about as well as the JP collection!

I'm not saying they wouldn't sell just not as well

42 minutes ago, dillweed97 said:

Star Wars, While yes HP would be nice that recording session leak a few years ago nobody would buy the HP because you would only be doing so for the 3rd movie. Buying Star Wars because well it's Star Wars it has no real good releases.

Bullshit! HP would sell like hotcakes! Probably more than Jurassic Park! 

HP has a MASSIVE fanbase, and no these aren't just casual fans either, many of them know very well who JW is and love the music, and many of them would probably buy such a set if released. It would he announced in all the Harry Potter fan forums! 

You can't really say that about JP. JP has a lot of fans too, but nothing like HP (or Star Wars for that matter)!

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

Bullshit! HP would sell like hotcakes! Probably more than Jurassic Park! 

HP has a MASSIVE fanbase, and no these aren't just casual fans either, many of them know very well who JW is and love the music, and many of them would probably buy such a set if released. It would he announced in all the Harry Potter fan forums! 

You can't really say that about JP. JP has a lot of fans too, but nothing like HP (or Star Wars for that matter)!

Eh I know but it just feels iffy to me that fans would buy HP 

I'm not familiar enough with any of the scores to know what's missing from the OSTs, and I don't like fan edits or session leaks, so I haven't heard those either. But I know that I enjoy the Star Wars scores more and that there's quite a bit missing.  So those.