Why did Williams ditch the best part of Exsultate Justi?

Sandor

I love the two Spielberg/Williams collaboration albums tremendously and am eagerly looking forward to the third installment. One thing about the rearrangement of Exsultate Justi on the original album puzzles me however and perhaps someone knows: why did Williams ditch the best part?

I'm refering to the short 30 second part as heard on the original soundtrack recording of Exsultate Justi between 2:35 and 3:05.

It's different melodically and it stands out: it's one of my very favorite Williams-choral moments. 

Probably the same reason why he also ditched the outstanding first cue of Terminal on the OST.

A similar question: Why did Williams ditch the best part of Rescuing Sarah? - No one will ever understand.

So the answer is always the same: He always excludes music when it differs too much from the rest, no matter how great it is. I do not know wether Rescuing Sarah would have become my favorite cue if it wasn't shortened, making my desire to enjoy it in full length even bigger, but it is surely a highlight of the score.

It's my favorite part too. It was definitely a bonehead move to excise it. It's like the Cornucopia insert of Exsultate Justi.

But remember, this is a guy who also composed this incredible opening for the Olympic Fanfare and then replaced it with some other guy's music.

He's great at composing the stuff, but after it's done, he should not be allowed to tamper with it.

15 hours ago, Rose Dawson said:

But remember, this is a guy who also composed this incredible opening for the Olympic Fanfare and then replaced it with some other guy's music.

I love that opening too!  Strongly prefer it over the Bugler's Dream opening.