Which The Lost World ending (Tranquilizer Dart) do you prefer?

Josh500

Which The Lost World ending (Tranquilizer) do you prefer?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which The Lost World ending (Tranquilizer Dart) do you prefer?

• Tranquilizer Dart (Film Version): majestic, bombastic, adventurous.
    • Tranquilizer Dart (Alternate Version): thoughtful, melancholic, wistful.

:music: In all honesty, I'd prefer the alternate version as; the unedited cue recording, in the very same analog quality as heard on the OST album/without these 'remaster' treatments referred to, and with clean gap at mark 2:23 before the finishing/unreleased section. And the film version also in that same quality. :music:

:unsure: One more thing: Shouldn't "Tranquilizer Dart" be called "Finale"? & "Finale and End Credits (Film Version)"? -John Williams' style.:unsure:

Regards.

I strongly believe the gorgeous ending Williams originally wrote is one the closest instances of his film carreer where he has written in his most pure and personal style.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I was blown away when I first heard it on the LLL CD.  Not what I was expecting at all

I'd heard it (poorly) mocked up before that, but it still blew me away to hear the real thing. It really does wrap up that score in a totally different way. It seems a lot more true to what he was musically "saying" about the dinosaurs throughout the film. The tracked island fanfare works in the final cut, I suppose, but only on the relatively superficial level of "Hey, it's the end of a Jurassic Park movie!" And then the OST version is just weird because you never really get a discernable moment where the film concludes and the credits begin.