Terminator 6: Dark Fate (2019)

Jay

http://deadline.com/2017/01/terminator-james-cameron-deadpool-tim-miller-david-ellison-skydance-1201890848/

He’ll be back! James Cameron, who regains certain rights to his prized creation The Terminator in 2019, is godfathering a new iteration of the film that might finally get it right in drawing a close in the battle between humans and Skynet. Sources said that Cameron, whose copyright reversion happens 35 years after the release of the 1984 classic, is in early talks with Deadpool director and VFX wiz Tim Miller to direct a reboot and conclusion of one of cinema’s great science fiction tales.

Interesting, and interesting way of putting it: this suggests he wants to ignore the last three films (I enjoyed Genisys but it was a flawed film, no arguing there) and create a straight up conclusion to the first two films only. Interesting that he's talked with Tim Miller: I'd have every confidence in this if Tim Miller is directing: he got it really right with Deadpool, and properly supervised by James Cameron, he could create a great film that is truly worth of the first two.

Now, let's just get one thing out of the way, though:

OH GOD NOT ANOTHER ONE OF THESE TERMINATOR FILMS!

Okay, now that's out of the way, discuss.

9 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

If you want Terminator, better watch T1 or T2, because any new one has nothing to add.

Except the whole future war scenario, which was poorly done in Salvation.

If it's just in the rumour stage, there's nothing to get worked up about. But I'll welcome another one, for sure. I've actually liked EVERYTHING that has been produced in the TERMINATOR universe so far. To varying degree, yes, but not a bad apple in the bunch. If it's supervised by Cameron, all the better.

• 5 weeks later...

James Cameron did a live stream recently on Facebook in celebration of the 3D re-release of Terminator 2, and in that he confirmed he is indeed in talks with Skydance over a new Terminator film, the first time he's directly addressed these rumours.

Salvation and Genesys were shit ... if a return to the flavour of the first three movies with Cameron overseeing were to happen, I'd be all for it. My field of fucks to give about Avatar was barren after the first movie *shrug*. 

19 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Would much prefer him to be devoting his energies to this than the several upcoming Avatar sequels.   

I would much rather he devote his energies to something new.  Was pumped for a long time about the prospects of that Battle Angel Alita movie, until he couldn't make it work and passed it on to another director.  Thanks Avatar!

• 4 weeks later...

“I will say we have resolved the future of the franchise and believe me its an incredibly bright future. I think where it’s going will be the continuation of what the fans really wanted since T2.” 

“We have something this year that we will be announcing for the franchise. It’s something we’re incredibly excited about and we think is the direction it needs to head.”

http://collider.com/terminator-5-update/#david-ellison

I dont remember well..but didnt T2 moere or less avoid the Judgement day? It was all the other sequels that kept putting a new date to it and that i was inevitable...but i think the cameron films ended nicely as a closed story, didnt they?