Terminator 6: Dark Fate (2019)

Jay

I simply expect them to be reuniting Sarah Connor with the original Terminator. I know he melted and she supposedly died before Terminator III, but I don't care. In these Trumpian fanservicey times, it can't possibly be another robot or human.

1 hour ago, Ghostbusters II said:

I simply expect them to be reuniting Sarah Connor with the original Terminator. I know he melted and she supposedly died before Terminator III, but I don't care. In these Trumpian fanservicey times, it can't possibly be another robot or human.

It's Arnold's twin robot.

• 1 month later...

The trailer song is awful.

I haven't seen a Terminator since 2, would I have to like read up on a timeline to understand what's going on here I wonder.

5 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I haven't seen a Terminator since 2, would I have to like read up on a timeline to understand what's going on here I wonder.

4 minutes ago, The Original said:

So is Ahnuld the same Terminator from Genysis?

This is a direct sequel to Terminator 2, so no. Genisys did not happen in this timeline. so he's a different Terminator.

As for the trailer song, I can agree with you on that. Couldn't they have Junkie XL whip something up?

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

This is Terminator 3. There are no others.

Just now, JoeinAR said:

This is Terminator 3. There ard no others.

In Jim Cameron's words: a bad dream.

Jay needs to remove the number 6. It doesn't belong.

I didn't see Genysysy, but I had no real problem with T3 or whatever the fourth one was called.  The only one of the Terminator movies I really love is the first one.

Here's a question for you two - when did you first see the Terminator movies?

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

My Cameron ranking

image.png

Mine would go Terminator>Aliens>Titanic>Avatar - I haven't seen the others.

3 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Here's a question for you two - when did you first see the Terminator movies?

I definitely saw T2 first.  I saw the first Terminator when I was probably 14 or 15, and T2 when I like 10 or something.

3 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Mine would go Terminator>Aliens>Titanic>Avatar - I haven't seen the others.

My friend, you must see True Lies.  With all possible speed!  The bathroom fight scene is one of the best ever!

Interesting.  I didn't see either until college, but I remember T2 especially being BIG with kids (who were apparently allowed to see R-rated movies like 8 years before I was) when I was in elementary school.  I wonder if I had imprinted that one when I was younger, if I would have liked it more.

True Lies is great!  Sadly, not ever released on BD, and the DVD is non-anamorphic.  I don't even know if an HD version is streaming or not

I find it shocking that a big movie like that - a James Cameron movie nonetheless - is languishing like that.  Are they waiting for slow ol' James to approve a transfer or something?

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

True Lies is great!  Sadly, not ever released on BD, and the DVD is non-anamorphic.  I don't even know if an HD version is streaming or not

The Aussie DVD was anamorphic. 

You guys are lucky then, in the US it was non-anamorphic.  Same as The Abyss

Non anamorphic is the worst thing ever. Makes a film completely and totally unwatchable. 

You prefer the pan and scan of 7 Brides for 7 Brothers.

28 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

You prefer the pan and scan of 7 Brides for 7 Brothers.

For films shot in anamorphic, no. But Super 35 films usually look rather good framed in 4:3 - it's what the format was designed to do.

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Wasn't Cameron all over the marketing for Genisys too?  Not to be trusted!

He said at the time he thought it was good, but he was probably doing a favour for Arnold. He wasn't actually involved in that film, and he's well-known for distancing himself once things go south. I think the only film he gave his honest opinion on first time was Salvation - ironically a film without Arnold.

I suspect he has more at stake this time.

Just now, JoeinAR said:

Its called owning the rights

Yep. And if he owns this, it's going to reflect badly on him if it fails like the last ones did.

Only to a certain degree. He isn't the director. 

7 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Only to a certain degree. He isn't the director. 

He may not be director, but unlike the past three films, this one is his idea. If it goes south, ultimately the blame lies with him.

Not really. Spielberg managed well when he produced some abysmal films. Cameron will survive as well.

On 4/5/2019 at 2:57 PM, Stefancos said:

Obviously Arnold is playing The Terminator!

He is playing a Terminator not THE Terminator. He is least of at least three.

I haven't watched a Terminator movie since T3, which is where I disengaged from a once fave franchise of mine. I'd only get behind another sequel if Cameron helmed one himself, which ain't gonna happen is it, and this new one looks bad to me, at least in that terrible trailer anyway. But I'll keep an open mind based off the fact that they got Tim Miller on it this time, so that's at least a slither of hope I suppose.

I see they want to replicate the Robert Patrick effect in that they went with an average looking no-mark to play the baddie, but unlike Robert, this guy just looks like a dude I'd ask to point me towards the bread in Tesco. So presumably he must have REALLY shined during his audition, because at the moment I'm just not feeling the danger at all.

Also, is this an alternate co-existing timeline, or have they completely binned the other sequels like they never happened?