New Jerry Goldsmith Projects in 2017?

Brundlefly

9 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Oh come on! You don't think releasing this for the fifth time is taking the piss?

Absolutely not.  No edition of this score was in print by any label.  Now its in print again.  There is literally nothing to complain about here.  If you are happy with one of the old version, you win.  If you want to spend $22 on a new edition, you win.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it true that Intrada has a very good relationship with Disney? Is it Disney Records or just Disney? So what does it mean, regarding expansions of Mulan or Nixon?

• 2 weeks later...

One of the most important scores has just got its definitive treatment  -  "Papillon"!

The only non-varese-scores I can think of that are left to expand would be:

- Supergirl

- Legend

- The Russia House

- Mulan

- The Mummy

- The Last Castle

2 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

One of the most important scores has just got its definitive treatment  -  "Papillon"!

The only non-varese-scores I can think of that are left to expand would be:

- Supergirl

- Legend

- The Russia House

- Mulan

- The Mummy

- The Last Castle

Under Fire

The Public Eye

The Last Run

Raggedy Man

The Lonely Guy

2 hours ago, publicist said:

Under Fire

The Public Eye

The Last Run

Raggedy Man

The Lonely Guy

"Under Fire" has got the best treatment it could ever get. The rest has hardly a chance to be expanded. Besides there would still be "Six Degrees of Seperation" which should at least get a version that is not total shit.

Yeah, i posted about it a week back in the 'Last Listened' thread. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who's mainly into 90's stuff but as pure music, it's of course high calibre. You have heard a lot of it in his other 60's scores and tv work, though ('Shock Treatment' was derived from this). There is an irish element running through one episode that is rather unique to the Goldsmith canon, the rest is tense/sardonic thriller stuff, a cross between 'Adrian Messenger' and 'Twilight Zone'.

• 2 months later...

The labels don't really hint at anything until they just announce stuff, so what is there to talk about between announcements? 

14 hours ago, Jay said:

The labels don't really hint at anything until they just announce stuff, so what is there to talk about between announcements? 

I'm just asking. Maybe there could have been a hint, that someone could have spotted.

Please apologize my impatience.

51 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

I'm just asking. Maybe there could have been a hint, that someone could have spotted.

Please apologize my impatience.

Oh there's nothing to apologize for, I just have no idea what to talk about with regards to Jerry.  So many of his scores have already come out in definitive editions... and the ones that haven't, we all have our favorites we can hope are coming, but I haven't seen any hints or heard any rumors about what could be coming *shrug*

I would put my money on the following Varese titles:

- Lionheart (OOP, needs proper complete release, 30th anniversary)

- Air Force One (20th anniversary, fits Varese's recent action score expansions)

- L.A. Confidential (20th anniversary, one of his most prestigous scores)

- The Final Conflict (should follow after The Omen has been completed)

And titles by other labels would be:

- The Mummy (just because the labels are expanding everything beginning in the past and going on to 2003 and they've simply reached 1999)

- The Last Castle (I mean what else is left?)

- The Russia House (one of his more prestigous scores, again what else is left?)

- Mulan (Disney working recently on their Legacy Collection and this would be a highlight of it)

There are no real hints, this is just assumptions. But as always, you know it's gonna happen anything else, except what we expect.

• 2 weeks later...

The Secret of NIMH for me.  I hope that one day the original elements will be found.  Probably not but you never know.

Not that it's missing all that much, but it's one of my favorite Goldsmiths so I'd like hear the entire score.

On 9.9.2017 at 11:36 AM, Disco Stu said:

The Secret of NIMH for me.  I hope that one day the original elements will be found.  Probably not but you never know.

Not that it's missing all that much, but it's one of my favorite Goldsmiths so I'd like hear the entire score.

I've faced up to the fact that we'll probably never get a complete NIMH and Under Fire, so I'm not waiting for it and consuder them as "done".

On 9.9.2017 at 11:40 AM, publicist said:

US Marshals and Small Soldiers (and maybe The Haunting). All of the rest is available in great quality.

That and Air Force One is the 30-minutes shit, left from the 90s.

On 6/10/2017 at 9:55 AM, Evil-Lyn said:

This thread keeps making me think I've gone back in time.

I was just about to post this, but I see I already did. So instead, I'll say this thread keeps making me think I'm living in an alternate universe.

5 hours ago, Evil-Lyn said:

I was just about to post this, but I see I already did. So instead, I'll say this thread keeps making me think I'm living in an alternate universe.

I agree with you, but please replace "this thread" with "90% of the threads here".

2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Interesting they didn't get that for both given the films were released only 6 months apart

What do you mean?  Universal released the OST album to BTTF2 themselves, it didn't sell to their liking, so they licensed out the third film's OST album to Varese.  Seems pretty straightforward to me.

7 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Much like the situation with the first Matrix score and the two sequel scores.

It's a shame when a same label can't handle the release of all three scores of a trilogy.

Yea, its like a reverse situation of BTTF.  WB released the song album for the Matrix themselves and licensed the score out to Varese, but that sold so well they decided to release the sequel scores themselves!

Of course that ended up being super frustrating to fans of the scores, as LLL was able to license the sequel scores from WB for complete expansions eventually, but Varese owns part 1 forever and when Townson got around to expanding it, he didn't even give it a 2CD complete version!

6 hours ago, Jay said:

That's pretty cool.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Yea, its like a reverse situation of BTTF.  WB released the song album for the Matrix themselves and licensed the score out to Varese, but that sold so well they decided to release the sequel scores themselves!

Of course that ended up being super frustrating to fans of the scores, as LLL was able to license the sequel scores from WB for complete expansions eventually, but Varese owns part 1 forever and when Townson got around to expanding it, he didn't even give it a 2CD complete version!

Hopefully, MM will kick ass at VS, so that they speed up releasing Goldsmith-90s-titles. Otherwise I'm gonna be annoyingly impatient, as well as @Display Name, I assume.

A re-release of The Matrix would also be much appreciated.